New Z-switching vane

This is the place to show off your felix printer hacks and improvements.
killejano

New Z-switching vane

Post by killejano »

I found that my orogan switchinn vane would bend over time and the adjustment just would not go up anymore. Also the whole movement took like max one turn of the screw.

So I designed one that uses a spring from a pen and a M3 bolt so it always moves from end to end and the adjustment is 0.5mm per turn. It's also tighter to the t-slot so you can't bump it in the wrong position by accident.
The pen pring is a bit too long and would be too weak if cutted, but I wanted to make it so anyone could get a fitting spring.
You also need to get a M3x20 allen head bolt. The nut you might have left over from your set.
Attachments
I got the spring from a pen like this, but most pen spring are the same size
I got the spring from a pen like this, but most pen spring are the same size
You can get the spring on the bolt like this. It has room in the hole to turn this way. Just push with something flat and slide in place
You can get the spring on the bolt like this. It has room in the hole to turn this way. Just push with something flat and slide in place
M3 self locking nut in slot
M3 self locking nut in slot
Installed
Installed
Last edited by killejano on Thu May 16, 2013 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

killejano

Post by killejano »

Oh and I allmost forgot the STL. I printed mine with production normal.

Enjoy
Attachments
z-switching vane mod1.STL
(167.66 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

satoer

Post by satoer »

Thank you!! The old one was way to sensitive. The way I adjusted the Z was by hitting it with a spanner on top or bottom. Wanted to design a new one myself, but after I've seen the designs of the Felix 2.0 it wasn't necessary anymore. The new Felix 2.0 design is way better than the old one. So if the upgrade price to 2.0 is reasonable I will buy that, otherwise I will print your design.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix