At the end of this message the instructions can be found to upgrade.
Felix 1.0 - Revisions:
Revision A, This was the first correctly working 3d printer
Revision B, This is the first sold Felix 1.0 printer
- - added fan at the extruder to cool filament faster. This resulted in significantly better print quality.
- - Changed aluminum support instead of printed part. The printed part seemed to creep over time, this resulted in often recalibration of the table.
- a little higher print quality, the table is more solid.
Benefits of this update:
- - Complete redesign of the x-axis. The belt is now a lot closer to the guide. The belt can now be tensioned stronger without having stick slip vibrations and it resulted in less printed parts
- Backlash of x and y-axis is now reduced to 0.05 and 0.03mm respectively.
- new z-axis coupling. This makes it easier to line out the z-spindle with the motor-axis.
- The z-axis limit-switch vane is moved to the front. This gives easier access for correct calibration of the table height.
To upgrade from revision B to D an additional aluminum part is optional.
This update is a redesign of the y-axis belt mounts and tensioning mechanism. The belt clamps from the previous revision start to show some cracks over time. The new parts don't use clamps anymore, but make use of the shape of the belt to keep it in place/clamp it. The documentation is in the making, but I didn't want to withhold you from this one. The assembly is pretty straight forward, with the pictures provided in one of the last posts in this topic it should be a piece of cake to assemble. Thanks Kjetilei for the feedback!
Another upgrade is the z-axis coupling, this is now made of aluminum.
- - approx. 5 mm of extra y-axis stroke
- More reliable, tension is better preserved over time.
- less screws, so shorter assembly time
- Virtually impossible to have the belt slipping in new belt mounts.
- No more problems with cracked clamps.
- Belt tension is very easy to dose.
- Tension forces are more in line with belt, so less sideways force on the tensioning mechanism.
Download -> extract -> print the following file: Revision F
This update is a redesign of the extruder. This is the same as the Felix 1.5 except adjusted for a different linear bearing. Next to that the x-axis belt mount is adjusted and enables a larger stroke. It is based on the design of Kjetilei's. The stroke in x-direction is now approx 255 mm.
To reduce the friction in Y-direction it is recommended to place two bearings on top of each-other instead of the guiding washers besides the single bearing. See this post for reference: http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... =146#p1122