can't switch on extruder from user interface

Hugues

can't switch on extruder from user interface

Post by Hugues »

Hi guys,

weird problem happening out of nowhere today: in Repetier, i cannot switch on my extruder anymore to heat up. I click on the little icon with the red slash, but it stays off. I cannot set the temperature, i enter 210 and press enter, it comes back to zero. Never had this before. Bed works fine, icon works.

I can still print by sending first the corresponding Gcode manually. But a bit annoying really.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Hi,

Very strange indeed. Are the thermistors of the hot-ends working ok? So when you start a print from an SD card it works? Does it also work via the display unit? Do you also have the latest repetier version? That is 1.6.2.

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Hi Feliks,

the thermistors are ok, because when i send the GCODE command manually to set the temperature at 210C, the temperature goes up and then stabilizes around 210C.

I never tried to print from a SD card.

I don't have the display unit.

I will check for the Repetier version number when i get back home, although i think i did upgrade last time because i don't have the upgrade message when i start it up, but i will check.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

problem solved,
In Printer-Settings->Extruder you define max. temperature for host. Sliders will adjust to that range so if that is 0 you can not go higher there but can still send the gcode to do otherwise.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Ah ok, thanks for letting me know.