Extruder temp drops after starting a print

MM617

Extruder temp drops after starting a print

Post by MM617 »

Hello everyone,

I got a problem with my Felix 3.1 printer, I just came at the printer to see how my print was doing and surprisingly there was only part of the first layer and nothing. The display showed "dec" at the extruder temp and the bed was also cold.

I cleaned everything and heat up the bed and extruder, the hold their temperature but as soon as I start a print it's like the extruder is turned off the temperature drops and "dec" appears on the display again.. I didn't change anything still finished a 36 hour print successfully this morning so it really came from nowhere :?:

Could this be an extruder issue or something with the electronics? The program was made with Felix builder by the way ;)

Thanks in advance! :)

Dreide

Post by Dreide »

MM617 wrote:Could this be an extruder issue or something with the electronics? The program was made with Felix builder by the way ;)
Assuming that the electronics is fine, it could be a lose thermistor or extruder heater element. To tighten the screws you'll need quite a small Allen key. The screws are located in the hot end right beside the nozzle, accessible from below. I would heat the extruder to 180°C before gently tightening these screws. Good luck!
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design