XYZ not going into home position

pinobecker

XYZ not going into home position

Post by pinobecker »

Upgraded from 1.0 to 2.0, installed Repetier Host 0.85, so far everything looks alright except all axis won't stop at the opto-sensors.
I can see the opto-sensor lights on the new Felix board going off when the fane enters, the LEDs on the opto-sensors however won't light up at all.
So they're passing the information but the axis won't stop.
Also when hitting the home button for the X axis the axis moves back about a cm and then advances for a little more then a cm, so pressing the x home button repeatedly will eventually land the extruder on the wrong site.
The Z axis won't get to the opto-sensor when pressing the Z home button, even if the light on the felix board on, it just doesn't move upwards.
The Y axis ignores the opto-sensor, resulting in that nasty noise, because the bed can't slide any further.
Pressing any of the Repetier Host advance buttons (+) however will move the respective axis as expected.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated!

dsarmiento

Post by dsarmiento »

Hello, I think I have the same problem over here. I purchased a Felix 2.0 DIY kit, assembled well and when I go to Manual Tab on Repetier, the only axis that seems to recognize Home is Y Axis. The others (X and Z) justo go to positive direction when I press Home buttons. I placed some bright stickers on opto vanes and double check that Opto LEDs on circuit board go off when the vanes touches the sensors. Please any help??

bhavesh3e

Post by bhavesh3e »

Your Printer's opto sensors are not working need to change them.

I found same kind of bug for the Z axis of my 2.0 printer.

Check the below mentioned post for more Bug details:

http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... 3161#p3161

dsnijders

Post by dsnijders »

I had a similar issue with my Felix 2.0 printer:

- opto sensors did not with off of all three axes.
- printer would not go 'HOME'.

When I compared the wiring on the mother board, with the wiring on the sensor, i discovered a difference which fix it.

- wiring sequence mother board: Yellow (signal), Black (GND), Red (VCC) (see page 42, from left to right)
- wiring sequence opto sensor: Red (VCC), Yellow (Signal), Black (GND) (see page 40, showing Red/Black/Yellow from left to right).

See picture attached.

This fixed it for me:

- opto sensors all work now
- HOME works now for all axes.

Hope this helps at least some of you with similar issues.
Opto sensor wiring felix 2.0
Opto sensor wiring felix 2.0

kimmoli

Post by kimmoli »

There is two diferent versions of the opto-sensors, one with GND - SIGNAL - VCC wiring, and another with SIGNAL - GND - VCC.
I think this should be mentioned on instructions... There are printings on the opto board - follow those.

From version 1.5 manual.
Kuvakaappaus 2013-08-19.png
from version 2.0 manual.
Kuvakaappaus 2013-08-19 07.png
Kuvakaappaus 2013-08-19 07.png (74.26 KiB) Viewed 987 times
our 1.5 was shipped with those white ones, which differ from 1.5 manual pictures.