Newly upgrade Tec4 not connecting in RepetierHost 2.0.5

Gabrielber

Newly upgrade Tec4 not connecting in RepetierHost 2.0.5

Post by Gabrielber »

Hi, my newly upgrade Tec4 is not connecting in RepetierHost 2.0.5, and I can't find why. Baud rate is 115200 like in the manual, firmware upgrade worked fine and tests are all fine on the printer itself (I did the bed leveling, the z-probe test and the xy calibration successfully). I just can't connect my Tec4 no matter what I try, and I could connect it no problem in the previous RepetierHost version from FelixPrinters before the upgrade process. I get the following message : "communication timeout - reset send buffer block".

Any idea what might be the problem here? I'm open to suggestions, thanks! I just don't want to shill for Simplify3D right now, Slic3r does everything I need it to do for now with great results after some tweaking.

Also, whenever the bed is heating past around 46-48C, it begins to emit a weird and annoying high-pitched sound for no reason that I can think of, is this normal? Otherwise the bed seems to be working fine.

Thanks for your time, hope someone can help me out!

janwijbrand

Post by janwijbrand »

Did you file a support ticket too? In my experience you do get a response somewhat quickly that way: http://www.felixprinters.com/support/ticket/submit

BTW, you do not necessarily need Repetier-Host if you are slicing with Slic3r anyway: you can use Slic3r "stand-alone" and use another controller software sending the gcode to the printer. I use Octoprint, but there's probably other software too. I hope this gets you printing.

May I aks for your Slic3r settings so we can compare?

Concerning the high-pitched sound when heating the bed: I noticed it too around 50 - 55C. I just thought it might be the mosfet modulating power to the bed. But this is purely a guess.
Felix 3.1 single extruder, soon to be Tec 4 dual

Gabrielber

Post by Gabrielber »

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the reply, if the bed noise is there for you too, then I suppose it's normal, that's reassuring. After further testing, it's also around 50-55C that I hear the noise, not 46-48C.

It's much too early for me to share slic3r settings since I'm just beginning my tests. Usually I fine tune everything thanks to repetierHost's controls, their quick settings are easier to handle than using the printer interface itself.

I'll send a support ticket, thanks again for the heads up!

janwijbrand

Post by janwijbrand »

Gabrielber wrote: It's much too early for me to share slic3r settings since I'm just beginning my tests. Usually I fine tune everything thanks to repetierHost's controls, their quick settings are easier to handle than using the printer interface itself.
Just in case you find it useful, here are my settings: https://github.com/janwijbrand/FelixTec ... n-profiles

They give me good results - better results than I have ever achieved with my then
3.1 - but there’s probably room for improvement.
Felix 3.1 single extruder, soon to be Tec 4 dual

Gabrielber

Post by Gabrielber »

Thanks Jan, I'll be sure to check your settings once I resolve the last problem from my upgrade (faulty thermistor on the 2nd hotend).

Beta

Post by Beta »

If you're running Windows 10 (as I am) you many need to update the FTDI com port driver which corresponds to your printer. You do this from [administrator] device manager. Simply find the FTDI driver in the Com Ports list, then right click on the driver and choose Update Driver. What occurred for me, is Windows installed a new USB converter driver (or similar) and assigned a new com port. After that, I was able to communicate with my Tec4 just fine. When I get home, I'll get some pictures of what things look like and post them here.