Strange horizontal cracks

Michel Buchner

Strange horizontal cracks

Post by Michel Buchner »

Hello,

I'm experiencing some strange cracks which I have never encountered before, please see the picture.

I'm slicing with cura engine in Repetier Host on 200um with 40mm/s @200C

Anyone any clue?

Thanks Michel
Attachments
20180124_102148.jpg

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Hi Michel,
What material are you printing?

Michel Buchner

Post by Michel Buchner »

Hi Guillaume,

It's Felix PLA. having loads of problems in getting a good adhesion... Also I tried a different brand, but adhesion problems are the same. So I guess I can rule out the material?
filament tube is smooth...

When making a flat surface, it seems if the paths are overlapping a bit. so if the next line is set, the nozzle affects the previous line and rubs up. Checked the nozzle setting if it was 0,35mm, etc.
Reinstalled Repetier to go back to basic settings... still investigating... all tips welcome.

Thanks Michel

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Hi Michel, maybe a stupid question, but did you clean the heated bed surface properly? And what is the bed temperature when printing? Also what helps if I can see the gcode.

Michel Buchner

Post by Michel Buchner »

Hi,

No stupid question at all... but I use painters tape which is always a fresh new surface.

I dont have the Gcode of the old model, but please find a GCode from another model that is difficult to print of the flat surfce. Maybe you see some overlapping lines?

Thanks Michel
Attachments
OLD_Monarch_IX_with_tags.gcode
(938.68 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Hi Michel,

I checked the code, and the following things I notice.
- lines/layers are missing from the model. If this is the case with your other model, most likely this is causing the cracks.
- Zero infill, which result in the top layers not having layers to lean on. from but seems you are using a very high temperature for PLA.

Did you by any chance use a different spool as well, to see if it is maybe a bad spool of PLA?

Michel Buchner

Post by Michel Buchner »

Hi Guillaume,

I have found out that Repetierhost is making a mess of the slicing. The hand was like 1200 layers which in the printpreview said something around 60.000. Weird stuff. Now I slice in Cura, and import that G-Code into Repetierhost, al is good... When I'm back in Berlin, I will make some screenshots.

Thanks for thinking with me.

Michel