Cannot get new Tec4 (kit) calibrated correctly

Beta

Cannot get new Tec4 (kit) calibrated correctly

Post by Beta »

Just finished a build following the assembly guide and I've run into many problems.

1. Bed is leveled according to the machine. I go through this everytime I touch the build plate, just in case

2. Left and right heads are as close as I can humanly make them after the plate is leveled.

3. Z-probe calibration never seems to return the same value/height. I do a Z-calibration using the calibration card (which is approximately 0.4mm). Seems to be fine. I do the same Z-calibration again, and I need to adjust again. That doesn't seem right.

4. When I try to go through the XY (dual head) calibration I have adhesion problems using NEW PLA. This makes it a mess as everything gets wadded up on the head.

Looking for some guidance for this otherwise nice kit.

Beta

Post by Beta »

Ok, silly me. PLA doesn't stick to a heated bed with Kapton without a little help with some hairspray. I've solved this. My bad.

Now, if someone can tell me a different way to get PLA to work with this kind of surface, I'd be happy to hear it. With the up-to-date firmware settings, heated bed, and everything out of the box as per the assembly instructions it does not.