5 command waiting

Discussions about the electronics
naser404

5 command waiting

Post by naser404 »

Every time I Hit connect on the Repetier software it says 5 commands are waiting & take about 10-20 seconds before I can make anything.
Any idea how to get rid of that, I didn't have that before, I am using the Felix 1.5 E firmware

Also many times I get prints stop half way & im sure its not a heating issue.

naser404

Post by naser404 »

so many views and no reply ? I am really struggling with this problem.

I just updated the firmware again for my Felix 1.5 using the Rev.E 1.5 & even installed the older version Repeteir hoping it might be that & than tried printing again a smaller print & it just stops at the top of the last printed layer this time it stopped at layer 53 out of 503 and after I killed the print since I cant move the extruder in any Axis it says at the bottom of the Repeteir that (9 command waiting) since I tried pressing Home button & than clicked Heat extruder so some of these commands are after it got stuck.

I would really appreciate any help here,

hvdd

Post by hvdd »

apple or windows ??
xp or W7 or W8 ?
seems communication errors due to ?
standard usb cable or long cable ?
did it work before ?

naser404

Post by naser404 »

Windows 7 (64bit) running on iMac , yes my cable is long about 2 meters(USB) it used to work fine for hours before but I'm not sure if I was using the same cable length.

naser404

Post by naser404 »

I just enabled Ping Pong communication and its connecting faster to Repetier, but its still to be seen if it can finish a long print job.

naser404

Post by naser404 »

Still takes ages to connect to Repetier & shows 5 commands waiting, any more suggestions ?

hvdd

Post by hvdd »

did it work before ?
i am not fanatic of running W7 apps on IMac ....
like Wine on Linux ... it works yes but sometimes it hangs why ? ....

if it takes time to connect then it seems me something with USB drivers ?? normally within 1sec connection.

Makron

Post by Makron »

I have it to when i press connect it takes some time 6-7 secs , im using a long usb cable.

naser404

Post by naser404 »

yeah when I enabled Ping Pong it takes a bout a second or less & when it does it works fine, but still sometimes it freezes.

I Highly doubt its a Mac issue running windows and I'm positive its a communication issue, reason for the freeze is that the software constantly sending data to the printer & sometimes this data is bottle necked causing the freeze.

hvdd

Post by hvdd »

avoid to have long USB cables - no longer than 2m.
sometimes problems with spikes on the means 220V, and you do'nt see it immediatly because buffer into arduino
switching on/off TL lamps give me sometimes problems with a short usb cable.
avoid to have several programs running while repetier is running..

maybe all this is not neccessary but will eliminate unexpected problems.