ABS not warping with hairspray. well. sort of

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

satoer

Re: ABS not warping with hairspray. well. sort of

Post by satoer »

I've successfully printed ABS on a single layer PLA printed on these sheets: http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... ?f=9&t=270
I wanted to print in ABS to make it smooth using a acetone vapor chamber. Worked great, although, I haven't tried real large objects.

Or you can print ABS directly on these sheets, but it wont separate without damaging the film, so I will cost you one sheet per print (or print on a part that isn't damaged. (you can use this grid to exactly place the parts on the printbed: http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... ?f=9&t=144)
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

killejano

Post by killejano »

Hugues wrote: What kind of mix you make ? A lot of ABS in it ?
Then do you put a lot of glue on the bed ?
I'm not shure about the exact ratio but I make it hin and aply several coats until I se a it forms a film.

Actually my part printed better without the extra holes. It's a pipe clamp so the round ones haveto be there, but the rectangular parts are extra. Might be that the extra solid layers pulling harder than infil.

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

i got new class plate from local market and sand plasted it really good and ill try abs on that :)
Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

satoer wrote:I've successfully printed ABS on a single layer PLA printed on these sheets: http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... ?f=9&t=270
I wanted to print in ABS to make it smooth using a acetone vapor chamber. Worked great, although, I haven't tried real large objects.

Or you can print ABS directly on these sheets, but it wont separate without damaging the film, so I will cost you one sheet per print (or print on a part that isn't damaged. (you can use this grid to exactly place the parts on the printbed: http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... ?f=9&t=144)
looks good.

But please print a large object and let us know. ABS is pulling real hard and my guess is that your film will bend with ABS.

But I hope i'm wrong. :)
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

I tried to print the Felix 2.0 print carriage this afternoon on double face tape on a cold glass bed and raft.

At first it looked promising, not a lot of warping. But the mess came when i tried to remove the part, it was stuck real hard and i managed to break the glass plate and cut myself, ended up in a bloody mess.

maybe i should try this technique but without the raft, then heat the bed before removing the part.

ABS is really hard headed.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

hoolito

Post by hoolito »

Hugues, sorry to hear that... For parts really stock (tried with PLA only) we are using a wide steel spatula. If you pry one end between first layer and bed and then slowing apply a twisting force to the spatula, you create an upward force exactly where you need it, without molesting the bed calibration too much.
Felix 2.0

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Hugues was your fan on when you printed? i dont like to print fan off because we know what happens :)
Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Mayhem wrote:Hugues was your fan on when you printed? i dont like to print fan off because we know what happens :)
all my ABS trials were done with the base fan off at all times.
I read somewhere that helps keeping the ABS from cooling too fast.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

does your extrudes base sag when you print abs and what tempature?
Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Mayhem wrote:does your extrudes base sag when you print abs and what tempature?
Been printing at 240-245, base is sagged yes, I'm actually printing a new one at this moment, but out of PLA , as I just can't find the correct way yet with ABS
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland