ABS not warping with hairspray. well. sort of

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

Mayhem

Re: ABS not warping with hairspray. well. sort of

Post by Mayhem »

is your top fan runnign 5V or 12V? im about to start the extruder base print whit abs whit super strong doublesided tape and ill switch top fan to 12V
Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

killejano

Post by killejano »

I don't think the heat from the hot end is that big of a problem. It's when you heat your bed to very hot things start to sag.

Oh how I wish I had my sand blasting cabinet working at the moment.

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

killejano wrote:I don't think the heat from the hot end is that big of a problem. It's when you heat your bed to very hot things start to sag.

Oh how I wish I had my sand blasting cabinet working at the moment.
that's plausible, yes.

I have wired my extruder fan back to 5 v, cause at 12 volts it was blowing air onto the left side on the part, probably making causing more warping.

What do you need to sand blast ?
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

FAIL :D sagged my base a little but now ill try whit raft, it takes over 4 hours whit raft :shock:
What profile you guys use for raft?
Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Mayhem wrote:FAIL :D sagged my base a little but now ill try whit raft, it takes over 4 hours whit raft :shock:
What profile you guys use for raft?
In Skeinforge/SFACT, i used 3 base layers then one interface layer. The interface layer is giving more rigidity to the raft because its perpendicular to the base.

Keep us posted.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

raft gave up :) next time i use your method but now ill need more spare parts :) raft started to warp so i heated it whit heat gun and melted the fan mount, fan nozzle and extruder base :lol:
Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Sand plasted class in no good atleast for me even pla starts warping :(
Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

killejano

Post by killejano »

How did you clean the glass after blasting? My first attempt with it warped after a few layers and the base looked sparkly when looking at it with a loupe. Next try on the same exact spot turned out perfect so these was some dust left in the holes for shure.

angryangel

Post by angryangel »

so tday i get my isolation materialand i was abel to heat the bed to 110°c without problem it also eep the teperature wen i start to heat the extruder ok at the top of the bad i have a glasplate this only reached 105 °cbut i think i will also reach 110 ° at the plate if i turn the bed to 115°c

i start to print and it really sticks very good to the glasplate with kapton
but then the head becomes massiv shaggy it was impossible to continue the print

so at this temerature it sems to be possieble to print abs but first a head of abs is needed so this is a big problem because th print a abs head you need a abs head

do somene have a printer witch can handel abs and can print the first head and send it to me then i will print the second head and send it to the next who need and so on!?!?

just a idea to keep the comunity stronger

peraps if i have time in the next weeks i will try to design a full metal printhead

have somene stepfiles of the original head perhaps then its easier to design a new

and to machine will also take some time but when noone still then no one star the abs head chain i will start it but this will take for design and built 1 or 2 month

hoolito

Post by hoolito »

Commercial FDM is not too expensive...ordering the extruder parts in ABS might be like about 70 euros I think... Maybe worth a try to ask for a price?
May be it is philosophically incorrect :-)... Just an idea...
Felix 2.0