How to stop ooze from the TOP of the tec4 heater block?

andrewsi

How to stop ooze from the TOP of the tec4 heater block?

Post by andrewsi »

I had to disassemble my Tec4 head in order to clean a jam. I've put it back together but a certain amount of filament seems to be oozing from the top of the heating block across the narrow section of the heat break and creating a yucky cylinder of goo between the two. I see how the print nozzle and the heat break appear to be supposed to meet each other tightly inside the heating block, which should theoretically keep such ooze from happening, but even though I thought I reassembled it correctly I'm still having this problem. Is there a trick to ensuring that the heat break component maintains a tight seal against the top threaded part of the print nozzle?

Thanks,
Andy

andrewsi

Post by andrewsi »

After writing this, I found the manual for assembly of the Tec4 head in the downloads section. I think the problem may be that the nozzle is tightened against the heater block rather than the heat break - I don't there is a gap between the nozzle and the heater block as described, so perhaps there is actually a gap internally. I'll take another crack at reassembling following the manual closely and see whether that cures it.