Rewiring top fan from 5v to 12v

Hugues

Rewiring top fan from 5v to 12v

Post by Hugues »

Hi guys,

while my silicone is drying (had to change thermistor), i would like to change the voltage of the top fan from 5v to 12v.

Question where do i get 12 volts from ?

On the electronics board, i can see where the top fan is getting 5 volts from. And on the same green connector, there is a 12 volts source. an i just move the red wire from the 5v to this 12 volts source ?

thanks for your guidance

P.S. sorry if this was answered before, but i did search a bit the forum and could not find the answer
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

i tried this morning to move the red wire from the 5v to the 12v source on the same green socket and it seems to be working fine, and faster, so blowing more air.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

angryangel

Post by angryangel »

kan you make a picture of the conector whre you changed??

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

angryangel wrote:kan you make a picture of the conector whre you changed??
edit 3 june 2013

Guillaume has posted in another message the correct way to switch on 12 volts for the top fan, pictured below:
2013-06-03_182437.png
Last edited by Hugues on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

angryangel

Post by angryangel »

thanks for the picture perhaps someone can say it is the right way to set the fan to 12V

i also have a felix 2.0

it seams you put the wires in the conector blank, without soldering im right??

i also don´t solderd the ends of the wire but i used this things in diffrent diameters

http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/6118 ... sults&rb=1

Fabbers

Post by Fabbers »

I've been looking for the full instructions with the original post of this pic but can't seem to find it. Could someone link to it and possibly enlighten me as to what the main reason behind doing this is?

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

As far as I can remember, there were no specific instructions. Just remove the solder bit on the left jumper , keep the wires connected as shown, the board will then power your extruded fan with 12 V thus increasing its cooling capabilities: could solve some jamming issues caused by filament melting to high in the extruder.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Justas

Post by Justas »

If there is any chance could you guys please repost picture above?

Dreide

Post by Dreide »

Justas wrote:If there is any chance could you guys please repost picture above?
Instead of modding the 5V output (MAIN), you could just use the OPT output to get 12V (see also http://forum.felixprinters.com/viewtopi ... 1129#p6825). Or do you have a special reason why you want to switch the 5V output to a 12V output?
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design