Clogged extruder ?

alanh

Re: Clogged extruder ?

Post by alanh »

Awesome work !!!

dsarmiento

Post by dsarmiento »

Guys I recently had problems of clugged extruder an I tried different ways to solve it. I tried light clogged methods (raising temperature and extrude speed to 240C / 240 mm/min), guitar string floss (i dont recomend it for an inexperienced user because I almost damage the hot end hole) and the flawless extruder completly disarm.

The one thing that I notice and that haven't seen posted for a more simple solution is the modification of the plastic part of the Hot End. I noticed that the filament doesn't flow smoothly through the hole of the hot end plastic part and also when the temperature raise, heat dilatation make it worse. So I enlarge the hole by a few tenths of milimeters (using a very small lime) and my problem disappered. Just lime the hole until the 1.75 mm plastic filament can flow smoothly and it will improve a lot the clogged extruder problem. If anyone have any comments about this please let me know. Thanks!

Bachgassenbande

Post by Bachgassenbande »

You modified the Peek part?
Did you take any pictures?
Felix 2.0
E3D Kraken Hotend
3mm Glas bed
LED light bar upgrade

dsarmiento

Post by dsarmiento »

Hi Bachgassenbande. I only enlarge the hole of the hot end peek insolation part but carefully just to make the 1.75 mm filament pass smoothly. Before the modification, the filament had trouble to pass through the peek part without forcing it and that is what I think make the extruder clogg. When my extruder clogged I always disassemble the Extruder and noticed that a piece of filament get stuck on the peek part.

I you see the picture you may not notice the difference, but trust me after that my extruder stopped clogging. I suggest that you take the peek part form the nozzle and hot end base and pass a piece of filament throught it. If it pass smoothly without pushing it hard, i would not recommend to make this modification.

In the picture you can see that there is a small light around the filament, that is what you have to achieve, just lime the peek part hole (but not too much!)and try pushing a filament until it pass without any problem.
Peek insulation part
Peek insulation part