Thermistor & isolation

Help eachother out with assembly problems.
markus_kyroe

Thermistor & isolation

Post by markus_kyroe »

Hi,

I'm in the assembly mode. The hot end was luckily pre-assembled. Now I'm in module 5 (Table) and have soldered the wires to the resistors and now have to deal with the thermistor.

I'm a little confused. The thermistor is already isolated. Do I have to un-isolate the themistor wires and then isolate with kapton tape? Or is present isolation okay (the hot-end does not look like this un-isolation and kapton tape isolation is done...)? The thermistor does'nt look like the one used in the guide and don't think it has a glass head (more looks like metal).

Help please :) thx,

Markus
Attachments
The thermistor I've got.
The thermistor I've got.

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Hi Markus,

Since approx two weeks, preassembled and preisolated thermistors are used...so there is no need to do isolation, it just has to be glued to the bed.

I see you already shortened the leads. It is very short it seems, can you still solder the 2 lead wires onto it and still reach the ramps board?

If not, there should be a spare thermistor in the kit.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

markus_kyroe

Post by markus_kyroe »

Thanks for the answer :-)

Hope I did'nt cut it too short. Nice with the extra one O:-)

Kind regards,
Markus

markus_kyroe

Post by markus_kyroe »

Hi again....

I think I have messed up a bit. Look at the picture. I soldered the wires to the resistors BUT without the last one from the bed to the electronics... Can I fix this in any way?

Kind regards,
Markus
Attachments
Soldered the wires witout the last from bed to electronics :S
Soldered the wires witout the last from bed to electronics :S

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

You can remove the wires from the resistor by heating the solder and keep pulling the wire. When the solder is melted you can easily remove the wire.

You can also wind the wires you displayed around the already placed resistor wires and solder the new wires onto it. Be sure the wires don't touch the table, this can create a short circuit.

Kind regards,

Guillaume.

markus_kyroe

Post by markus_kyroe »

Perfect. Thx again. Think I made it okay now :-) New to soldering, so had to be sure :-) ...