More heating power from RAMPS?

Discussions about the electronics
killejano

More heating power from RAMPS?

Post by killejano »

How much is the max output for the heated bed on the ramps shield? As I understand there's a 11A fuse but how much does it actually give?

I was thinking of possibly installing a bigger PSU and addittional transistor to get more power to the bed. Anyone tried this?

Sündi

Post by Sündi »

Hi killejano
I changed the transistor because it gets too hot maybe 100°C at 9-10A. Now my new transistor gets only 35°C with the same current and think about that... I loose 1V on the ramps! That´s 10W I loose.I thought about a bigger PSU too but since I use a PCB heated bed I don´t need this any more. I think if you take a new PSU and a new transistor you should only control this setting with the ramps without the fuse from the ramps.

killejano

Post by killejano »

That was my idea. To use the ramps output only as a signal input to the transistor. Looks like I miht not need it tho since sandblasted glas seems to work nice. Would be nice to get it hot faster tho. I measured only about 11 volts coming from the ramps board too!

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

It's true the bed does take too long to raise , especially if you want to bring it above 80
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland