2.0 filament feeder

Help eachother out with assembly problems.
t800

2.0 filament feeder

Post by t800 »

I am building the felix 2.0 printer.
Currently i'm mounting the extruder in its holder. (end of module 2)
But i had a problem with the filament feeder. There is a bearing that together with the motorgear feeds the filament into the extruder.
Howerver the bearing is not able to rotate freely as it is jammed agains the extruder and also the plastic that guides the filmant rubs agains the bearing.
I am thinking if this bearing cannot rotate freely it will be a possible cause for filament jams.
I now removed the of plastic where it rubbed against the bearing.
And i also filed a tiny bit from the extruder edge .
Attachments
bearing.jpg

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

hi,

that does not look exactly like my filament feeder on my Felix 2.0, below picture

your filament intake is rather large,

did you get the parts from Guillaume ? you can find the gcode in the download section of his website, for the 2.0 printhead assembly. I printed it this week and the intake is definitely not shaped like this.

the bearing must rotate for sure.
securedownload-36.jpeg
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

t800

Post by t800 »

Hugues wrote:hi,

that does not look exactly like my filament feeder on my Felix 2.0, below picture

your filament intake is rather large,

did you get the parts from Guillaume ? you can find the gcode in the download section of his website, for the 2.0 printhead assembly. I printed it this week and the intake is definitely not shaped like this.

the bearing must rotate for sure.
securedownload-36.jpeg
Yes i got got my kit just last week.
I might have used to much tension on the springloaded bolt . That seems to pull in the bearing just a bit.
Also the filament itself might push on the bearing so it moves slightly away from the feeder.
Anyway i removed some plastic so now it's still a tight fit , but it rotates freely.
when i get it working I think the extruder holder is going to be one of the first spare parts im going to print.

angryangel

Post by angryangel »

Hugues have you printed the updated head or the original head

i printed 2 weeks ago the updatetd head and it has the same shape as the one from t800 but min works witout problems

Trnquill

Post by Trnquill »

Have you tried putting some filament between the feeder and the bearing? Like you have when the printer is in operation. Filament will push the bearing away from the feeder gear/shaft thus creating some clearance between the parts you filed down.

The bearing was rubbing against the extruder aluminum part in Felix 1.5, too. But only when there was no filament in the extruder. In normal operation there was enough gap for the bearing to rotate freely.

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

angryangel wrote:Hugues have you printed the updated head or the original head

i printed 2 weeks ago the updatetd head and it has the same shape as the one from t800 but min works witout problems
My picture is the one I received from Guillaume
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

JTa

Post by JTa »

Make sure the screws attaching the extruder motor into the plastic part are tight enough. If they are not level with the base they might interfere with the tension bar. I had the same problem last night while I was updating my 1.5 to have the new printhead assy. I had to tighten 2 of the screws quite a lot before the thing worked properly.

hoolito

Post by hoolito »

Hugues, I too guess that you printed an old version.
I also downloaded the gcode of the 2.0 extruder like angryangel and I also have the big intake....
Felix 2.0