Anyone having more problem with black PLA than white ?

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

Hugues

Anyone having more problem with black PLA than white ?

Post by Hugues »

Been printing mostly with white PLA so far and since yesterday i need to print with black.

Both colors were purchased at Guillaume's , same vendor it seems, same filament diameter as measured by myself with caliper.

The black does not give me nice extrusion lines, they are "dry" and often jam the tip of the extruder. i tried different temperature and flow/feed rates.

Can anyone with good extrusion share their settings ? especially if you bought the black PLA from Guillaume,

thanks
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

angryangel

Post by angryangel »

hi hugues

i have the same problem with black PLA i print Black PLA 10 or 15 degC hotter than white or any other color i dont kno why this is need but it works

satoer

Post by satoer »

I'm using a lot of colors, white, black, blue, light blue, green, red, light green, pink, yellow... and I don't experience any difference between them. They all print fine. Even the temperature does not make a lot of difference. I usually print on 210 degrees unless there's a lot of bridging. Then I use lower temperatures.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

hvdd

Post by hvdd »

using different colors. from different suppliers - no difference
printing temp 200°C bed at 55°C

the 2 slide bars on pc
printing speed at 125
to other one at 120.

the only remark - with the new head published a few weeks ago 'version 2 ?' it works a lot better.

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

satoer wrote:I'm using a lot of colors, white, black, blue, light blue, green, red, light green, pink, yellow... and I don't experience any difference between them. They all print fine. Even the temperature does not make a lot of difference. I usually print on 210 degrees unless there's a lot of bridging. Then I use lower temperatures.
did you buy them from Guillaume ?
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

satoer

Post by satoer »

Some from Guillaume, but mostly from http://reprapworld.com/ (They sell more colors)
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

dognotdog

Post by dognotdog »

I can also confirm that the black PLA has a slightly higher tendency to block the extruder. It seems to heat more easily past the PEEK barrier when it's not fed through the extruder fast enough, or when being retracted.

hoolito

Post by hoolito »

Hugues,

I bought my black PLA from Guillaume and it's almost over. It has been my first material ever and since I learned the parameters, never had any problems.
I always used 195 and 55 degrees. My trick is good bed leveling and squeaky (acetone) clean kapton.
Felix 2.0

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

finally in the past 10 days i managed to get better and better results with the black PLA,
i slowly went down to 200 and 65 C, slowed down the feed rate, and now it's pretty good.

I must have had something jamming the tip of my extruder i guess.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

aikx

Post by aikx »

hoolito wrote:Hugues, I bought my black PLA from Guillaume and it's almost over. It has been my first material ever and since I learned the parameters, never had any problems.
I always used 195 and 55 degrees. My trick is good bed leveling and squeaky (acetone) clean kapton.
Same and first layer 50% and Fan 100%!