Sfact slicer options

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
temo

Sfact slicer options

Post by temo »

Hello

How can one see/compare the different options in the slicing profiles that came bundled in the latest Repetier Host for Felix? Say between the draft and normal profile. When I click the configure button I seem to get the standard profile options only.

Terje

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

the interface is not always very intuitive,
but once in the configure menu, you can switch to another profile by clicking on the button showing the profile name.

ANd be careful, the configure screen shows you the last profile you were configuring, not necessarily the one displayed in the slider screen. Could be misleading,took me a while to figure this out.

I hope i got your questions right.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

temo

Post by temo »

Yes. thank you!

temo

Post by temo »

Hello again!

So I've been looking thru the setting, but I don't seem to find the setting for making a fatter first layer. I want, do to my warped bed, make the first layer a bit thicker, maybe .25 or .30 when printing with layer heights at .20 mm.

I also want to remove some of the start gcode:
G28 ;Move to Origin
G1 Z5.0 F3000 ;Controlled move
G1 X50.0 F3000
G92 E0 ;Set Position
G1 E20 F200 ;Controlled move(extrude)
G1 E18 F900
G92 E0 ;Set Position(reset extruder)
G1 X0.0 F3000 ;Controlled move
G1 Z0.0 F3000

As I manually prime the extruder, and manually set the Z = 0.
Anyone knows where I find the tab for start and end gcode?

It also seems to me that the table size that are entered into the profiles “multiply tab” are wrong, they show 100x100 mm as the centre point. This will make the half with/centre point at the wrong location I think.

Terje

hoolito

Post by hoolito »

Hi Terje
You have a new RH version for download since Saturday.

The start/end scripts are set and unset in Craft>Alterations.
The scripts are located in C:\Program Files\Repetier-Host-FELIXPrinters\SFact\skeinforge_application\alterations

I spent this whole weekend trying to understand how Multiply works. I think that it is broken. Either on this custom distribution of RH for Felix or on SFACT itself (Judging from the pulse on Github I don't think SFACT is really that alive...). I'm using the Windoze distribution.
It seems that turning the option on or of has no effect. If you click on the "Multiply" button next to the question mark, an "Open file for Multiply" window opens, prompting to choose a .gcode to apply the script to. But this only produced multiplied travel moves with no extrusion.
I gave up on SFACT.

I don't know if/where you can set up a fatter first layer (there is such setting in Slic3r).
What I do is put the bed to 1/2 the layer height, but I guess this is not much help to you since your bed is warped...

Good luck
Felix 2.0

temo

Post by temo »

Thanks Hoolito

So what slicer are most of you using with the Felix printer?
Sfact seems a bit old fashion, Slic3r looks easy to use and Kisslicer get very good reviews!

Can anyone please share there general speed settings for the Felix 2.0, or even better does anyone have some good working profiles for Slic3r or Kisslicer?

Terje

hoolito

Post by hoolito »

No problem.
These are my settings for Slic3r, optimised for prototyping thin extrusion profiles (aluminium or plastic).
This is giving a .gcode I want, but I cannot certify it prints fine because my printer is behaving weird since a couple of days (maybe she likes the cold winter) > I'll ask in a new post about this problem... :cry:

Kisslicer is not free. That's why I wasn't using it yet. But I'm growing dissapointed in the current results of these free slicers, seems that you can't really rely on them for serious work, and you shouldn't complain since they are free...
Maybe Kisslicer is worth a try...

Regards
Attachments
config.rar
Slic3r settings for Thin Extrusion Profiles
(1.4 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Felix 2.0

temo

Post by temo »

Thanks Hoolito

Anyone else have some for comparison, Kisslicer or Slic3r?

Maybe someone could make a sticky in the forum for this?

Terje

temo

Post by temo »

So I've been looking into what other printer brands are using for speed settings in Slic3r, and been trying to wrestle out what speed settings one can find in the SF profiles that come bundled with Repetier-Host for Felix. Not much speed settings in SF in the way Slic3r uses.

I think the official settings for the Makergear M2 would be close to what Felix could use as they both use belts and rails in the same way. Even the bed is set up the same way.

For the Aluminatus, it uses lead-screws, not belts, that on all axes.

Terje
Attachments
Slicer settings.xlsx
(11.06 KiB) Downloaded 38 times

dsnijders

Post by dsnijders »

Maybe this spreadsheet helps.
I simply imported all profiles files in one spreadsheet.
I only imported the carve/fill/speed/raft and dimension setting, since all other are either not used or have same value for all profiles.

I noticed some strange setting comparing the profiles:
- E-step corrector: 1.02 for most, but normal profiles have 1.05.
- some differences in layer height and extrusion width within the same quality rang.
- any a few more minors...

The spreadsheet shows the imported value, after i fixed the inconsistencies.

Hope this is helpful..
Felix 2.0 SFACT Profiles.xlsx
spreadsheet Felix 2.0 SFACT profiles
(59.37 KiB) Downloaded 62 times