Disappointment in 3D technology

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

And326

Disappointment in 3D technology

Post by And326 »

Hi guys
printer for a second month.
And it seems to me not to make friends with him, or not strictly hands place grow.
Every day I try to print something and it does not work. Or the printer is too naughty.
Already material to spend 100 euros and no sense. Qualitatively happened only a maximum of one thing is all.

Will have to either sell or throw out. We will be counting the unsuccessful investment.

Trnquill

Post by Trnquill »

Felix is not a plug'n'play device. You have to tinker and tune to get it just right and reliable.

I see you have already given up. But if you hadn't, it would be nice to try to help. For this we would need some more details on what is wrong with you printer. How it fails and so on.

satoer

Post by satoer »

Well you shouldn't expect something like a Star Trek replicator and be able to print something out without any experience. 3D printing is still in its "experimental" growing phase and if you want to come along you need to do some learning. You need to see this 3D printer as a tool like a Lathe or a CNC Mill. Without knowledge of materials, bits, drills etc. you'll probably end up with the same disappointment as you are right now.

Based on your posting history like this post:
And326 wrote:In this orientation, printing is better, and easier to separate support. and when it will be impossible to separate the solid support from below. all the more so, since that support is badly printed. the first layer is normal, and the next too quickly.

I did the first option on the print quality 2_4. Today at night put on 3_4, at the age of 20 hours printing. but when the first printing layers completely different printing is used less speed.
You really need some more experience handeling the machine. Printing things with this much support is a nightmare to separate. Especially with this object is way better to lay flat. Then you probably wont need support at al. Besides that, the resolution in X and Y is way better than Z. Also the "Ribs" on the tooth's have a better orientation, otherwise there will be more grinding (if you print it in the orientation of the picture).

There are a lot of things you need to get familiar with, using a 3D printer. and it begins with the design of the object. Try to create models that need no or as little as much support. And give it a good base. Then get familiar of the material and printer. What does the resolution need to be... Layer heights less then 0,2 mm are way more problematic then 0,2 mm. How dense does the infill need to be... How fast can you print it. What kind of infill are you gonna give it (some infill's take a whole lot of time extra) What slicer are you going to use (there are big differences in the two slicers that comes with the software in the way it slices and in the way the handle 3D objects). All things you learn with experience. once you got the hang of it, 3D printing with the Felix is pretty stable.

If you don't mind to learn: Don't give up. If you want a trouble free 3D printer and print like you print a letter on a laser printer: Sell the Felix and wait 10 year.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

And326

Post by And326 »

I wrote this because I can not normally print big things. Little things printed without problems. But now even take the example of my work.

I put this great project horizontally, and it generally is not now supports. But it is impossible to print it in full, so that there are no gaps in the yarn. All the time clogged extruder when you pull out the thread can be seen that the solid thread not melt ("caked")

If the snap, write here the settings in SFACT: Raft and Fill, the speed with which it is better to print and apply material.
I put the following settings for the Raft and Fill and for others
Fill.jpg
raft.jpg
fillet.jpg

satoer

Post by satoer »

What are you trying to print? Can you post the stl?
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

And326

Post by And326 »

1.jpg
shesternja2.stl
(566.29 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
That's the model I want to print. For sample. If it horroshy sample, it will be an order from the customer.

superhornet59

Post by superhornet59 »

AND326, here are my quick suggestions.

1) I live and swear by Cura, it is an extremely user friendly slicing program, the newest version (released last week) slices so incredibly quickly it's nuts, and my parts come out perfectly. I have been frustrated by every other slicer on some level. Slic3r is full of bugs and skeinforge/SFACT requires you to become a 3D-printing-scientist. Try Cura. Slice there, then save the G-code somewhere and load it into Repetier Host. I used to be able to print directly from Cura but the latest version, great as it is, somehow messed that up for me. Maybe it's just my computer. In any case.. try it.

2) Download and print the new extruder parts. Guillaume posted a g-code file in this thread: http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... ?f=7&t=290 but it didn't work well for me so I sliced it my own way from these STL's (same new parts) http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... f=14&t=340
I can't even BEGIN to tell you the miracles that these new parts did for my printing. I had an endless list of problems with the extruder from the day I got the printer. Jams, slippage, grinding, backlash, etc! I was at my wits end let me tell you, and then I (somehow) managed to print out the new parts.. and VOILA.. I am printing amazingly good parts with absolutely no trouble whatsoever.

Each machine is different, but those two make up a winning combination in my books. Cheers!

And326

Post by And326 »

Thanks for the advice. I tried to do through the program Cora code for the printer. All the same, it turns out poorly.

I do not understand one thing, why is printing, yarn evenly places to go, and sometimes comes with drops. And so that is printed through SFACT, that in Cora. ​​So it turns out it's not in the code, and in the printer. Underachieving melt extruder thread.
As it can Increase feed material to the extruder without uvelechenie speed?
P6270430.JPG
can I have some problem with the printer?
I'm tired to deal with it, and wants to hit it with a hammer. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

angryangel

Post by angryangel »

I think the filament is slipping or hotend cloged

superhornet59

Post by superhornet59 »

Check out the thread I started a while back http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... ?f=7&t=326 and you can see I had a very similair looking problem. True it was getting clogged/jammed, but it was too often and the extruder should have been able to force out any small contaminants. Sometimes it would extrude correctly, and sometimes it would be heavily under-extruded. Temperature is an important factor in general (stick to around 200-210 for PLA) but that wasn't enough to fix my problem. I tried boosting the extrusion multiplier to around 1.3 (crazy right!) and that helped sometimes. In the end, it turned filament was slipping. It wasn't so much grinding, it just wasn't being extruded reliably. Downloading and printing the new parts solved it instantly. The new tensioning mechanism really let's the extruder grab the filament, and now I get correct extrusion even if I pull the filament while it's being extruded. Haven't had a problem since! And I now print with an extruder multiplier of 1.0, by the way.