Upgrade 1.0 -> 2.0 Power Supply

Discussions about the electronics
dognotdog

Re: Upgrade 1.0 -> 2.0 Power Supply

Post by dognotdog »

Markus, looks like the board is communicating with the PC just fine. Have you tried turning on the power supply eg. can you turn on the power supply "manually" by shorting the green cable to ground? If so, does sending the M80/M81 command turn it on/off?

markus_kyroe

Post by markus_kyroe »

How do I do this? I'm a kind of a noob at electronics :-S
Where do I have to place the green wire then?

Actually it made me think. My power supply have no ground connection. This may be the reason? None of my electrical outlets have ground pins (only the new-made ones in my kitchen).

dognotdog

Post by dognotdog »

While you SHOULD ground the power supply, to make sure not to electrocute yourself when something goes wrong, it should work without proper grounding. If you connect the green wire to a black wire from the power supply, it should turn on, which means the 12V power should be turned on. Measure if the yellow lines from the power supply are at 12V relative to ground (black) when it's supposed to be on. You should also see the power supply fan come on, if you don't have a multimeter.

The M80/M81 commands can be sent from the console in repetier host or pronterface, they are the gcodes for turning the power on/off via the green wire, if its attached right.

markus_kyroe

Post by markus_kyroe »

Hi,

Nothing seems to work :-(

I have tried to connect the printer to a grounded outlet. The situation is the same. No response. A lamp on the board is blinking 4 - 5 times and then stops. No fans are on. And nothing happens if I try to turn it on via reptier host...

Then I have tried to connect the green and a black wire. Same thing. Nothing new. (When in un-mount the green wire should something go in instead?)

Any other clues?