V1.5 to V2 upgrade firmware

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
dognotdog

Re: V1.5 to V2 upgrade firmware

Post by dognotdog »

Geertjan wrote:should I send this string M92 X76.20 Y76.20 Z1600.00 E169.00 I copied it from the console
then send M500 to store these in EEPROM ?
EDIT: it's that command, anyway, and you don't need to send it again unless you change one of the values, as M503 prints the current settings in effect, but they are loaded from the eeprom (or source code, if eeprom is empty) on reset. The current settings may differ from the settings in eeprom, hence you need M500 to commit it to permanent storage.

Yes, that is exactly it! If you ever get to calibrate the extruder, let me know, as it seems I just can't calibrate the e-steps/mm right on mine, and wonder what the value looks like for other people.

Geertjan

Post by Geertjan »

Thank you Dognotdog. Your guidance realy helped me out. I'll make some prints tonight. See if everything works. I am surely going to experiment with the E steps because I had some flow problems that I could not correct with the set screws in the extruder assembly.
It is making pearly extrusions and the extrusion speed did not solve it either.
But that is an other story ;)

dognotdog

Post by dognotdog »

Pearly extrusion might mean a partially blocked extruder nozzle, or wrong temperature... among others ;)

Geertjan

Post by Geertjan »

At least I am printing again. And I'll try improve the print quality along the way.

Geertjan

Post by Geertjan »

The nozzle seems not to be blocked. Extruding a length of plastic give's me a perfect smooth result at .5mm. There is not extruded enough plastic during printing. I raised the flow rate quit a bit and the result is much better now. I used the flow multiply slider in the print panel.
So I think its time to calibrate the extruder. How do I start calibrating?

Geertjan

Post by Geertjan »

Perhaps I should start a new topic in the software section. Calibrating the extruder?

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Geertjan wrote:Perhaps I should start a new topic in the software section. Calibrating the extruder?
Some info on extruder calibration here:
http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... =390#p2619
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Geertjan

Post by Geertjan »

:D That is a nice start