Problems with optosensors

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

aldaleze

Problems with optosensors

Post by aldaleze »

Good morning guys!

I just finished assembling my FelixPrinter 2.0. and I got a problem I don't really know how to solve. Everything seems ok, the mechanics and the electronics. I have checked the connections out quite a few times and I would say that the tension of the wires is correct. However, when I switch on the printer in order to calibrate the Z-axis, I realize that I have a big problem. When I push the X and Y home position button in the manual control screen, the motors in both axis don´t stop once switching-vane has reached the optosensor and they continue pushing trough it. Even if the light on the Y and X sensor and in the motherboard goes off when the Axis is moved over it, the controller doesn't give the order to stop the motor until I disconnect the USB cable.

Taking into account I can control every axis using the manual control, I assume the electronics are fine. So, I can only think about the firmware as the source of my problems. What can I do? In the software I see that my firmware is the latest version, but I don't really know how to re install it or update it. Do I have to use an special software or is there any internal process to do so?

Thank you!

aikx

Post by aikx »

Did you install the marlin firmware?
What color does the switching-vane? If it is not black, make it completely intransparent! Use a piece aluminium foil or paint it black.
Check if the led goes completely off, inserting the switching-vane!

aldaleze

Post by aldaleze »

Thank you for your response aikx!
I did not install the firmware specifically because I thought that it was already installed together with the software. If that were not the case, what do I have to do in order to install it correctly?
Regarding to the switching vanes, I painted them in black using a permanent marker. I have tried inserting a piece of black tape in the sensor and I have noticed that the LED goes completely off.

Bigboss01

Post by Bigboss01 »

My printer is running 24 hours 7 days a week. I don't worry about it starting a fire or anything. worst case scenario it just wastes some plastic and electricity. That being said if your print is that long and therefore big, I'd recommend using a sub-40% infill setting to prevent any warp.
Get Braindumps demos CAS-001 dumps passguide with 100% success Testking.net Our high quality keiseruniversity itil prepares you well before appearing in www.sckans.edu of Stanford University

satoer

Post by satoer »

aldaleze wrote:I did not install the firmware specifically because I thought that it was already installed together with the software. If that were not the case, what do I have to do in order to install it correctly?
See page 11 of the User Manual
http://shop.felixprinters.com/downloads ... _0_V10.pdf
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix