How to print smooth curves ?

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

kimmoli

Re: How to print smooth curves ?

Post by kimmoli »

Kisslicer is as if I have a new and improved printer
Can you share your Kisslicer ini files for felix? I tried some googling without success.
I made some of my own, with alterations (start, end) which i used with sfact. Output gcode was looking 'nice' when viewed by repetitier. didn't try to print yet.

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Lioric wrote:[....
Kisslicer is on very different league, with SFACT I was constantly tweaking and changing parameters and the quality was not that good (visible seams, weak perimeters and so) but with Kisslicer the quality of the very first print was impressive (even before any fine tunning) and it slices in seconds (compared to several minutes on python based SFACT, and I'm on a 16GB Intel I7 beast) so i is very easy and fast to test different settings.

As noted above, Kisslicer is as if I have a new and improved printer
i've downloaded Kisslicer and will give it a try. Just a question: for my problem of non-smooth arc, do i have to set anything in kisslicer ? or ba default it will make them smoother ?

thanks
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Lioric

Post by Lioric »

Hugues wrote: i've downloaded Kisslicer and will give it a try. Just a question: for my problem of non-smooth arc, do i have to set anything in kisslicer ? or ba default it will make them smoother ?

thanks
Actually, no really, Kisslicer produces better paths that results in better quality. See this post for more details on higher quality arcs produced by Kisslicer:

http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1209

*Hope it is ok to link to another forums. If not, moderator please remove the link.
Can you share your Kisslicer ini files for felix? I tried some googling without success.
I made some of my own, with alterations (start, end) which i used with sfact. Output gcode was looking 'nice' when viewed by repetitier. didn't try to print yet.
I have posted my settings in a new thread:

[urlhttp://www.felixprinters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=472[/url]