KISSlicer settings for Felix printer

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
Lioric

KISSlicer settings for Felix printer

Post by Lioric »

As asked by another user, here is my Kisslicer settings for the Felix 1.0 (and no, I will not upgrade my printer to 1.5 or 2.0 :) )

Please use these as a baseline, I'm not into fine tunning the printer or wasting plastic with endless calibration objects, so this are the settings that I use and produces really great results from my printer, part dimensions are very accurate, but I haven't tested if the extruder volumetric calibration is really accurate.

It might produce different results with your printer, even blow up your printer or make it print a plastic robot that will try to melt your plastic roll with some kind of laser vision, so caveat emptor
Attachments
kisslicerFelixSettings.zip
Updated Felix settings for KISSlicer (includes extruder preparation)
(1.93 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Last edited by Lioric on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kimmoli

Post by kimmoli »

I will give this a go (with Felix 1.5) - Hope it will not end creating a Dalek.

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

thanks a lot
i will give it a try too
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

i downloaded and installed Kisslicer under windows tonight,
quite easy to install and set-up, my files attached, i did not change much compared to the files of Lioric above, i have a Felix 2.0

I have some questions:
- the print head starts to print a bit to high above the bead, and i cannot bring it down because the home position is pretty much touching the bed already. Is there a way to lower this position with the Kisslicer settings ?
- with SFACT the extruder is flushed at the begining of the job, and also it prints a larger perimeter around the part. This is good because when the print starts the flow is stabilized. With my current settings in Kisslicer, nothing of this happens, no flush, no perimeter. Any setting i can change to affect this ?

for the moment my workaround is to print a rough raft, which solve both problem. But i don't like to print a raft just for this.

thanks
Archive.zip
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

How can i import the ini files to kisslicer?
Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

kimmoli

Post by kimmoli »

How can i import the ini files to kisslicer?
Just copy them to same directory with .exe

- the print head starts to print a bit to high above the bead
There is one Z-settle or Z-offset (?) i'm not sure.
with SFACT the extruder is flushed at the begining of the job
There are two files, start.gmc and end.gmc in folder named Alterations under repetitier install directory.

the start.gmc contains g-code to flush the head. i think it can be copied as is to the kisslicer - Ptr G-code - Prefix

DISCLAIMER: I have made my settings, but haven't had access to the printer to run a test...

Lioric

Post by Lioric »

Hugues wrote: I have some questions:
- the print head starts to print a bit to high above the bead, and i cannot bring it down because the home position is pretty much touching the bed already. Is there a way to lower this position with the Kisslicer settings ?
Are you using my settings? They are already tuned to print at "z home" height.

If not, start by setting "Bed Roughness" to 0 in "Printer" tab, "Hardware" group
- with SFACT the extruder is flushed at the begining of the job, and also it prints a larger perimeter around the part. This is good because when the print starts the flow is stabilized. With my current settings in Kisslicer, nothing of this happens, no flush, no perimeter. Any setting i can change to affect this ?

for the moment my workaround is to print a rough raft, which solve both problem. But i don't like to print a raft just for this.
I have updated the setting files in my first post, please download them again. Now it includes flushing the extruder before printing (similar to SFACT).

The perimeter/skirt is something that I don't see too useful anyway, so that is left as exercise to the reader (hint: in "Support" tab, "Raft" dropdown list, select "skirt", 5mm to 10mm should do it)

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Lioric wrote:
Are you using my settings? They are already tuned to print at "z home" height.

If not, start by setting "Bed Roughness" to 0 in "Printer" tab, "Hardware" group

Hi Lioric,

i've downloaded and installed your new settings, they work fine, the flushing is done, and at the right place on the bed, great !

As for the initial bed clearance, i'm still a bit high, but i guess i can re-calibrate my initial position. What i do for now is turn the Z screw manually a couple of clicks to bring the nozzle tip as close as possible to the bed, just before it starts to extrude, this gives a very good first layer. Or this can be adjusted in the parameters ? Bed roughness is set at zero. There is a Z offset parameter, can i play with this ? But not a big deal anyway.

ANd the slicer is extremely fast, very impressive, especially compared to SFACT.

As for the quality of the print, i cannot see yet a big difference with SFACT, both are great quality. But maybe i should play more with KISS,

This week-end i will try my other part with the arcs to see if they come out smoother than with SFACT

thanks for your help,

Hugues
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

kimmoli

Post by kimmoli »

This is what i use in SFACT start.gmc, and this i use also with KISS. First simple testprint now done with kiss, more to come (nothing yet to say about anything, that it works somehow)

Code: Select all

; Begin start procedure
G28 				; home all axes
; Go to dump area and flush extruder
G1 Z5 F3000			; move 5 mm up and 50 mm to side
G1 X50 F3000		; move 5 mm up and 50 mm to side
G92 E0				; reset extruder 
G1 E20 F200 		; flush extruder
G1 E18 F900			; retract extruder 2mm
G92 E0				; reset extruder 
G1 Z10 F3000	    ; move up to 10 mm - remove flushed filament by tweezers
; Go back to start position
G1 X0 F3000 		; move X back to 0 mm
; G1 Z0 F3000 		; move Z back to 0 mm (do not do this)
M106 				; start fan
; Finish start procedure
I have commented out the "move Z back to 0" -line because when it moves to the position where print starts, print head may scratch the bed surface... now it starts 10mm high and goes down 'linearly'