Z axis retur Home not working (it goes few steps down side)?

bhavesh3e

Z axis retur Home not working (it goes few steps down side)?

Post by bhavesh3e »

Hi all,
I found strange behavior not able to figure out why this is happening on my newly assembled Felix 2.0 Printer:?:

@ the Manual control tab of the Repetier Host SW.

1. When I press "Z-Home" btn the printer moves few steps down side NOT UP side near the Opto sensor... and not able to calibrate the Z axis as mentioned in the manual.
2. When I press the "+Z" btn Z axis moves down side and when I press "-Z"btn Z axis moves Up Side is this normal behavior? :?:

My X and Y axis are working fine! Returning home correctly
Few things I have tried are as below mentioned and still not able to solve the Z axis homing issue.
1. Rechecked the all the circuit connections. (specially Opto sensor )
2. I checked the opto sensor of Z axis. the LED turns off correctly when I move the Z platform Up side by pressing the Z- but this action doesn't stop the platform from crossing the Z axis.
3. My printer is printed with Black PLA and it working with opto sensor. Still I have added the masking tape after finding the problem.
4. I have updated controller with latest firmware.

Thanks in advance..

bhavesh3e

Post by bhavesh3e »

Hi all,
Today morning I tried one more attempt to fix the bug.

I swapped the Z and X axis opto sensor modules.
Now the Z axis return Home Cmd is working correctly. Axis is returning toward the the Sensor.
the X axis return Home cmd has stopped working. It moves few steps away from the sensor module.

The Return Home Cmd algorithm is to generate the pulse of opto sensor interrupt so it moves axis few steps away from the sensor module and then return toward the sensor module.

One strange thing the Non working opto sensor LED status on the controller board is displayed correctly ??? :?:
So Such Error is non testable with controller board LED status.

One Tip for the manufactures!! :idea:
Must conduct testing of opto sensor with complete electronics set.
i.e. test it with Opto sensor module, Controller board, the stepper motor and the Return Home Cmd through Repetier Host SW.

I hope this will help others in the forum and help the manufactures to improve the quality.

Now can some one please reply me the circuit details of the Opto sensor module (this will save my time as it's difficult to find the module in India but I am sure I can find component much faster to fix this bug)
Or
Reply me the site link from were I can buy this module.

Or
I request the Filex Robotics to send me the new sensor module as this is newly assembled Filex 2.0 printer.

Lioric

Post by Lioric »

Maybe, just maybe the letters and numbers printed in the silk screen on the pcb means something? Maybe they are the model number and you might find more information using that combination of letters and numbers.

As in searching for "rrs-oe' and "rrs-oe schematic", and maybe just choose one of the several sellers that carry it in kit and pre-assembled form, as in:

https://ultimachine.com/oek
https://shop.germanreprap.com/en/Opto-E ... er-DIY-Kit
http://store.makerbot.com/electronics/e ... 1-kit.html

But, it seems very unlikely that the debug led is working and the output signal is not. After all it is a very simple circuit and the debug led is directly connected to the output signal, so unless the pcb has a cut trace just after the led and before the screw-in connector, most probably is the screw-in connector that has a cold join solder or otherwise is not really making contact with the wire.

I will suggest you to verify this using the 2.54mm pin connectors that are on top of the module, see if "sig" is working when the led is switched (note: led is signal inverted, output high == led off, output low == led on)

Bachgassenbande

Post by Bachgassenbande »

Had the same problem yesterday night during assambley of the electronics

Solved it by appling following actions:
1. Unscrewed the cables directly on the sensor
2. Removed additional 1-2 mm insulation of the cable
3. Screwed the cables in again
4. Checked if the signal line; remove yellow line and check if the LED on the electronics board (sitting on the power supply) is turned off
5. Reattached
6. Checked if the Signal is trigged on the electrinics board (sitting on the power supply) by triggering the sensor by hand (use a dark oject and place it in the sensor)
LED should be turned on when Signal line opto sensor is attached; if not than line is broken or opto sensor ==> Use singel line to proove first

This resolved for me the problem
Printer is working right now

Just one thing happen to me; the z-axis opto sensor LED was brighter than the LED from the others; LED brunt out and not working anymore.... but Signal is triggered right
Felix 2.0
E3D Kraken Hotend
3mm Glas bed
LED light bar upgrade

bhavesh3e

Post by bhavesh3e »

Hi all,
Thanks for the replies and the links.
I will give try this Monday morning ... !

Regards,
Bhavesh

bhavesh3e

Post by bhavesh3e »

it seems I am not alone facing the opto sensor problem there are many users complaining the same.

following is solution for my opto sensor problem ...
http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... nsor#p3321