3d scanner - CADScan - Cubik

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

And326

3d scanner - CADScan - Cubik

Post by And326 »

Hi guys.

I then received an offer from the company of England CADScan pre-order 3D scanner.
Price 699 + VAT. (for me the price including shipping is obtained in €1094)

High Performance 3D Scanning
The desktop 3D scanner captures high resolution, accurate 3D data in full colour. Cubik™ uses two 5MP DepthPhase™ scanning heads to maximise object coverage. With its special macro mode a wide range of objects can be captured, from a small toy car to a full sized football.

DepthPhase™ Technology
Our unique approach to 3D scanning directly captures the depth of an object from a series of phase-shifted patterns projected using an LED array. Our patent-pending technique is compact, fast and accurate. It does not use triangulation or lasers, minimising occlusions while remaining totally eye-safe.

Fully Automated Scanning.
Because the system includes a fully integrated turntable it makes 3D scanning a breeze! Simply place your object inside the scanner and scan using the included software. Within minutes Cubik™ creates a fully aligned, watertight mesh that you can use immediately with your 3D printer, CNC or CAD software.

Technical data of the scanner:
Maximum object size: 220mm diameter x 200mm high
Minimum object size: 10mm diameter x 10mm high
Camera Resolution: 5Mp, 24-bit colour
Scanning method: dual DepthPhase™ Scanning Heads
Light Source: LED Array (Eye Safe)
Resolution: 0.05mm – 0.15mm (50 – 150 microns)
Accuracy: +/- 50 – 150 microns
Output data: Full Colour Point Cloud and Watertight mesh

Scanner footprint: 510mm (l) x 340mm (h) x 335mm(w)
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS X, Ubuntu Linux
Output formats: STL, OBJ, PLY and SketchFab
Power Supply: 100V-240V AC (External supply)
Comms: USB 2.0
Outer Material: White ABS

Do you think it is more like deneg. I prefer that the scanner do in America
But the price in America in half - $583 / €446

The Matterform 3D scanner uses a high definition camera and dual laser lines to capture 3D scans in as little as 3 minutes. The scanner can scan objects up to 190mm x 190mm x 250mm (7.5" diamter x 9.75" height), and yet folds up into a compact size. It’s lightweight, portable, and compact, making it easy to integrate into your workspace.

Currently the resolution of the scanner on a 4 inch figurine is 0.43mm @ 0.5 degree scans, with an accuracy of +/- .2mm. We're quite excited about the current results, and are working everyday to continue improving the resolution. Check out the campaign Updates for sample scans and files.

And326

Post by And326 »

tonight received a letter.
banner2.jpg
Because you signed up for our mailing list, you are getting the first public glimpse of the all new MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner! It's the easiest, fastest way for anyone to create 3D models, and we optimized the whole process to work perfectly with MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printers.

- Simple, yet sophisticated software creates clean, watertight 3D models with just two clicks.
- Get a 3D digital design file in just minutes.
- No design skills, 3D modeling or CAD expertise required to get started.
- Outputs standard 3D design file formats that can be modified and improved in third-party 3D modeling programs, like Autodesk's free software MeshMixer.

We said you’d be the first to know, so here’s an important heads up: the MakerBot Digitizer will go on sale next week at makerbot.com/digitizer. To learn more about the MakerBot Digitizer, check out our latest blog updates.

Full speed ahead.

The MakerBot Team

but the technical details are not yet known.
forward to next week

dognotdog

Post by dognotdog »

The current crop of hobbyist 3D scanners is good enough to replicate "soft" forms such as toys, but is woefully inadequate for anything technical. The point cloud from the scanners is very noisy, and "fearure recognition" in the free and low-end software isn't very useful for anything that isn't a very basic shape.

That being said, high-end CAD software exists that can deal with point clouds better, so hopefully something will trickle down eventually.

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

dognotdog wrote:The current crop of hobbyist 3D scanners is good enough to replicate "soft" forms such as toys, but is woefully inadequate for anything technical. The point cloud from the scanners is very noisy, and "fearure recognition" in the free and low-end software isn't very useful for anything that isn't a very basic shape.

That being said, high-end CAD software exists that can deal with point clouds better, so hopefully something will trickle down eventually.
pretty much agree with this too,

I've bought the carmine 1.09 from primesense and i'm a little disappointed i must say, not precise enough for mechanical work,

but technology is evolving fast and i'm confident we'll soon get affordable scanners for this purpose.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

twicx

Post by twicx »

A 3d scanner is something I've always kinda wanted, but never really needed. I think the work that people did with getting the xbox kinect to work as a 3d scanner is a pretty decent option. at €90, it's a cheap investment for pretty decent 3d scans if you set up a good scanning environment. It wouldn't take a lot to set up a box type thing for that with evenly diffused light to get a good scanning environment. If the new kinect for the xbox one is even better than that, it seems like a much cheaper option for an actually very good 3d scanner.

€0.02

seaton

Post by seaton »

Has anyone played with David Scan for mechanical / parts scanning?
Stephen...

Felix 2.0 -> Felix 3.0 dual
Simplify3D Slicer, Kisslicer
Have you added your Felix to the Map? http://goo.gl/maps/HajnZ

http://blog.strobotics.com.au

kimmoli

Post by kimmoli »

seaton wrote:Has anyone played with David Scan for mechanical / parts scanning?
I have david, and i can say that it takes some time to make the scan (after you have spend lots of time learning how to make a good scan)...
What comes to simple mechanical mechanical parts, i do them faster by measuring with caliper and drawing with cad.

Maybe it would be good if i wanted to replicate something with odd shapes etc, like a scale down of plush toy.

Bachgassenbande

Post by Bachgassenbande »

Just found this:
http://www.faro.com/scenect/scenect#main

Looks like with a Kinetic and this free software, you are able to get better results than with the Cubic scanner.
Felix 2.0
E3D Kraken Hotend
3mm Glas bed
LED light bar upgrade

twicx

Post by twicx »

Bachgassenbande wrote:Just found this:
http://www.faro.com/scenect/scenect#main

Looks like with a Kinetic and this free software, you are able to get better results than with the Cubic scanner.
I wonder does that Asus thing they have listed work better than the kinect. It's very tempting to make one, maybe make a scanning box with a rotating platform so it scans consistently.

And326

Post by And326 »

Here's today posted an offer from America from MakerBot.
Makerbot.jpg
And there are no technical specifications stated.
Price (1 404 €)turns even more expensive than in England (1 100 €). And also supply in October.
It turns out all three versions of the best quality scanners is from England.

Maximum object size: 220mm diameter x 200mm high
Minimum object size: 10mm diameter x 10mm high

Camera Resolution: 5Mp, 24-bit colour
Scanning method: dual DepthPhase™ Scanning Heads
Light Source: LED Array (Eye Safe)
Resolution: 0.05mm – 0.15mm (50 – 150 microns)
Accuracy: +/- 50 – 150 microns[/color]
Output data: Full Colour Point Cloud and Watertight mesh

So yesterday I ordered some for work.