Random or No Motion in Y axis

Help eachother out with assembly problems.
Foxi-5

Random or No Motion in Y axis

Post by Foxi-5 »

Hi All, I'm currently setting up a new 2.0 Machine, but unfortunately the Y Axis is behaving erratically.
Using the Manual mode in Repitier V0.90C (Win 7(x64) Ultimate, latest drivers.)
All Opto-Sensors functioning perfectly, lighting up and switching off when supposed to.
Testing the X axis was perfect. Finds home, moves left and right very well.
However, hitting the Y-Home button makes the unit move a short distance (up) and then it stops(it'll do the same thing if I press it again).. I can move the Y axis fine in one direction, but the other direction is very odd, often it doesn't move much, or eventually gives up, or not at all. It's like I have to do a few moves 'up' before it'll let me move it down. Sometimes it changes it's mind and then I can move in the down (Y) direction as many times as I want. Then it changes it's mind again and won't move at all (in the down direction). But it always moves in the up Y direction. It happens in the software as I'm using it and only doing the one thing. So I'm just lost...

I watched the opto sensors when it was happening, but there was no errant behavior. I shielded them from external light just in case too. But there doesn't appear to be anything consistent about the motion...

I've rebooted and redone the drivers to Com Port 8 (Detected port of Printer)

Anybody have any ideas on what I can check?

Bachgassenbande

Post by Bachgassenbande »

Had similar issues.
Check if the signal is also triggerd on the electronic board

http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... f=14&t=473
Felix 2.0
E3D Kraken Hotend
3mm Glas bed
LED light bar upgrade

Foxi-5

Post by Foxi-5 »

Hi, yep, Opto-sensor signal triggered perfectly on the board. X, Y and Z all normal. But motion still staggered or nothing.... Actually, now that you mention it, where else but the motherboard is it meant to show? The Opto Sensors don't show any lit led's or anything. Should they?

Foxi-5

Post by Foxi-5 »

Been trying different things after reading all your posts from the other thread. Tried hooking the Working X Axis sensor into the Y Circuit on the board, that allowed the Y home to work, (when I used my hand to block the signal.) . Then set it all back to normal. Then replaced the wires to the Y Axis Opto sensor, still has issues. Looks to me like I've got a dead sensor. ... Also, pulled the Opto Sensors Signal cable and it lit up a led on the small circuit board. (First one I've seen if that matters).

Going to go see if I can find another sensor locally if I can. Z Axis sensor is also stuffed by the looks.

Disappointing...

Bachgassenbande

Post by Bachgassenbande »

Yes it matter if the light in theon the optischen Sensor is not in
Light in in opto Sensor - Endposition not trigger ed
Light off - Sensor in Endposition

Normally Theater optosensor gives 1 when not triggered
So if You remove The signal line the controller is able to move the axis; if the light lit on in the controller only movement in - direction possible

As i am not at home I am not 100% sure.

Opto sensor led off Art all time Loks linke you have an issue with power to the sensor
Felix 2.0
E3D Kraken Hotend
3mm Glas bed
LED light bar upgrade

Foxi-5

Post by Foxi-5 »

Hi Bachgassenbande, I checked the voltage to all the opto-sensors and each were receiving 6 volts. However, on the signal out, only the X Axis(Working one) gave 1.2 volts. The others were much lower. I bought some new opto-sensors and replaced the Y Axis (not working), and then it worked perfectly, 1.2 volt over the signal. However, I did the same to the Z Axis opto sensor and it still doesn’t work. I used another opto sensor and still the same problem and low signal voltage. It looks like the micro board is stuffed... However, the sensors 'look' as though they work, correctly lighting, but the voltage out is odd.

I’ve found a site that helps you make your own, http://reprap.org/wiki/Gen7_Endstop_1.3.1#Parts_List

So I’ll go and get the parts tonight.

Also, I redid all the power cables, and changed the wires to the sensors. Did nothing.

2 of 3 opto sensors not working in new Felix kit…. :|

Foxi-5

Post by Foxi-5 »

Update: After setting up the machine to the point of calibration. I've since found 3 of 3 opto sensors in the Felix 2.0 kit are faulty due to various reasons. They receive correct voltage and perform as you expect they would, lit/unlit. However, after running up temps on the bed and extrude, they all go back to silly mode -> ie, thinking there is something in the sensor.

I built my own tonight from scratch thanks to the link in my previous post. And it works as smooth as silk. Whereas the other two (original and one half original) decide to give up, or think they are blocked. Ie, it can now take 10 or 20 presses (home button) until the x axis goes home. Or sometimes 3, other times any number. My scratch built Y axis is perfect, hasn't faltered at all.

Looks like I'll have to create another 2....