Faulty Hardware or Faulty Software, what's your guess?

Help eachother out with assembly problems.
Foxi-5

Faulty Hardware or Faulty Software, what's your guess?

Post by Foxi-5 »

New machine, ran the calibration test. Went well. loaded in a part to test, zeroed and sliced. Then ran the job. The base plate decided to run as high as it could until it couldnt go anymore, first time I've seen it do this one. It went past the stop sensor then it decided to drive the extruder over, gouging into the metal and tape. Naturally the extruder doesn't work anymore.
Gouged plate
Gouged plate
Gouged Plate 2
Gouged Plate 2
Any guesses as to why the Felix does this? Also, does anyone believe the extruder is fixable, or cleanable once it's been dragged over the metal, or is now dead? (Tried the 250 temp to see if it would pass filament through but nothing)...

dognotdog

Post by dognotdog »

Can't say I haven't had that happen a couple of times... cleaning the extruder usually does the trick for me.

killejano

Post by killejano »

Have you put some tape or black markes or something on your switching vanes? That blue is a bit transparent and the limit switchar don't work properly

Foxi-5

Post by Foxi-5 »

Yep, put the white Tipex stuff on on the switching vanes. But does anyone get the thing happening where when you press Z-Home, it goes up, then past the sensor by about 3 mm, then it goes down by that amount. Ie, it will always crash into the table no matter what I do.... (???) So I can never calibrate it to the 'width of a paper' on the Z-Axis, not without pushing the extruder 2 and a half millimeters into the plate (for a moment)... It's got me perplexed....

Oh, and I took out the extruder nozzle. It's jammed all the way through.. Guess I'll go find a .35 drill bit......