High quality prints

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

Kjetilei

Re: High quality prints

Post by Kjetilei »

@Mayhem: great result!

JohnK1

Post by JohnK1 »

Hi Guys,

I tried to print some model with my Felix 3.0 Double head. Unfortunately I am getting some issue with the quality. Please take a look at the picture. I have marked the issue area with red arrows. There are some strange artifacts like a line or very rough surface. The rest is pretty good.
IMAG0557.jpg
I just wonder is this more technology (software settings) issue or can this come out from the hardware itself.

The model was over 40 Mb in size and slicer SFACT crash when uploading. So I used free version of Kisslicer. My feed rate is around 50@ 197 C (for PLA) and 0.2 layer.

Also I want you to ask guys , how you decide what value to fill in for extrusion feed rates (or for Destring) In Kisslicer I have set 3.6-Prime and 3.55-Suck.

I will appriciate any sugestion.
Thank you.
Cheers.

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

Hi JohnK1.

First of all welcome :)

The lower arrow points to layer changes. I.e. the place where a layer starts/ends. It should be possible to tweak a little bit but hard (impossible) to remove completely. The areas the other arrows point to are a bit unclear and I'm uncertain if it is marks from layer changes or something else.

JohnK1

Post by JohnK1 »

Hi Kjetilei
Thank you for your welcoming ;)

Yep, originally I was thinking about starting points too. But why is it just in two places (top & Bottom arrows) and the rest between is nice and clean. I think Kisslicer offers random start of layers shifted by some defined angle. Also you can start the layer from inside out.I will try to play with that now. The arrow in the middle points to the place of very rough surface. It looks like insufficient cooling. But again, it is very local and the rest around is pretty nice and smooth. Well, time to play with parameters. Also thinking it could come from the model itself. Time to play with it. :)
Thank you.