Repetier-Host has encountered a user-defined breakpoint....

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

kennethagiusmosta

Repetier-Host has encountered a user-defined breakpoint....

Post by kennethagiusmosta »

Hi to all,

I'm having a problem with Repetier-Host. In some point of time it gives me an error like;

Repetier-Host has encountered a user-defined breakpoint.....

Program stops and has to be restated. Printed job is lost. It's frequent.

I believe it's something with windows or my PC which is almost 9 years old.

Below is my computer setup;
Windows XP v 2002 updated regularly with service pack3
AMD Athlon 1.5 GHz
1.3 RAM
Drives 160 & 320

Do I need to replace my pc with a more powerful setup?
Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance.

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Hi Kennethagiusmosta,

Never encountered this issue. But the PC doesn't necessarily seem outdated. I also use an old windows laptop to control 4 printers with repetier-host.

Please look at the requirements for your machine here:
https://github.com/repetier/Repetier-Ho ... stallation
Make sure you have the required software installed.

Kind regards,

Guillaume.

Lioric

Post by Lioric »

Your PC specs are fine (of course for slicing you will want the fastest you can get, but just use slic3r if you need more speed), and printing is just serial communication with a 16Mhz IC (a 1.5GHz machine can handle that easily)

But your issue is not related to RepetierHost or the printing itself, a user def BP is because the function pointer somehow lands on an INT3, and this means that either some files are corrupt, one of the memory modules is going south or there is some other application that is misbehaving in relation to the memory (a malware filtering or similar app)

Do a hardware memory test first, check your drives and reinstall the apps

kennethagiusmosta

Hi to all,

Problem seems to be solved.

I've uninstalled some windows programs like SQL, Visual C#, Redistribution packages bla bla bla and unused office updates.....

Tomorrow I'll try some prints and tune-up the machine.

Thanks for your comments it helped a lot

Kenneth

kennethagiusmosta

Lioric,

The problem is back-on. I cleaned my pc registry, checked hds, hardware tested it, removed unused windows programs and zillion other things but pc is still hanging. Repetier closes down and job is ruined.

Last job done seemed to be perfect!

Suggestion are very welcome...I'm stuck and don't know what to do further else to format my pc.

Thanks in advance,
Kenneth

kennethagiusmosta

Hi to all,

Uninstalled all C++ redistibute and re installed C++ SP1. Again problem seems to be solved.

Oh my god! Another unfinished job! IS THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN GO WRONG!

Yes!

This time is heat sensor in the extruded. Repetier marks zero. The hot end is hot. Repetier stops. Had to restart!
Now temps are ok.
DSCN0274.jpg
Seems to be enough for today............I'm really mad :x

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Hi Kenneth,

That sounds frustrating! If repetierhost is giving you problems you can also try to install the pronterface software, just to check if that works for long time. Strange that you had the problems with the thermistor. Please check if you don't have a bad contact. Try to fiddle a little with the connector when it is connected with repetierhost if you get an error, you know it is the connector that gives problems. Next thing is to try to fiddle with the hot-end cables a little to see if the temp reading don't get lost.

Hopefully this will do the trick, you are extremely close.

Regards,

Guillaume

Lioric

Post by Lioric »

Seems that you have a really dirty Windows installation (probably the result of years of installation of different apps). If you want to avoid chasing your issue with your machine unstable, just use a clean virtual machine (can be Windows or Linux) with just your Printer host (RepetierHost), and give access to the COM port to the virtual machine

Another better option is to just use Linux for printing (faster and more stable), you don't event need to install anything (other than RepetierHost), you can use a Live CD, simply put in your DVD drive and run Linux until you next reboot. There are Live CD's that will let you install apps and will store them in your machine so next time you reboot in Linux all is there

The thing is that you say that reinstalling MSVC runtime fixes the issue, and that means that your Windows system is not in a good shape (Repetier uses .NET 3.5 so there is no direct connection with that, in a figure of speech obviously)

kennethagiusmosta

Hi Gfeliksdal,

I've been playing with electronics for over 30 years now- wires checked just to be sure. I can't see any problems.
Pronterface?...will try it out for sure.

I believe the Arduino Mega is missing out. I'll have a new one which was never used- I'll give it a try too.

Keep you posted, thanks for your comments.
Kenneth

kennethagiusmosta

Hi to all,

Re-thinking Lioric is right. My Windows is or maybe messed-up. I'll better start from it. The format/update process takes time unfortunately. Repetier is the first one to "complain" and certainly other programs will follow.

Hopefully, after fixing this, I'll be happily printing for a long time. :?

Thanks
Kenneth