Solved: Repetier-Host Mac does not use the profile selection

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
Kjetilei

Solved: Repetier-Host Mac does not use the profile selection

Post by Kjetilei »

I upgraded to the latest release of Repetier-Host Mac (0.32) yesterday and I'm experiencing a strange problem (which I have not searched the net for solutions yet).

I have added the different Felix specific profiles created by Guillaume and I'm able to quickly select a profile from the drop down menu (see example: Minimum layerheight)
Repetier.png
Repetier.png (7.81 KiB) Viewed 775 times
But if I pressed the Configure button I got the default setting and could not select the Minimum layer height since it is not available in Skeinforges Profile selection drop down menu.
skeinforge.png
profiles.png
profiles.png (26.28 KiB) Viewed 775 times
When slicing Repetier-Host (or SFACT/Skeinforge) uses the current profile set in Skeinforge and ignores the profile set in Repetier! Maybe Repetier-Host Mac and Skeinforge are referencing different folders for the profiles?

I need to look into this and appreciate all suggestions you might have :)

(As a result the owl I printed yesterday is most likely printed using 0.25mm layer heights - which makes sense looking at the print and is what got me started investigating the problem.)
Last edited by Kjetilei on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Sorry it's hard to help out, since I only have a windows machine. For windows you have to replace the standard skeinforge directory completely with the skeinforge_sfact directory, or place the skeinforge_sfact directory besides the skeinforge directory and refer to the skeinforge_sfact. Otherwise it will always refer to the skeinforge default profile.
Also I once looked over some-ones shoulder while he was installing the software on his mac, after long searching he found out that the sfact_profiles folder had to be placed in the root of the harddrive...

Hope it might help...

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

Thank's for the feedback. I'll look into it and report my findings for the other Mac/Felix users.

Come to think of it I have seen the profiles in the root of the SSD before...

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

You where correct. Thanks!

The profiles had to be installed in /sfact_profiles/profiles/extrusion to be visible in Skeinforge.

Now I just have to reference Repetier-Host Mac to the same folder too and clean up unused instances of the profiles.

aikx

Post by aikx »

Can you post a screenshot of the finderwindow, showing the relevant files?

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

aikx: I have placed the profile files included in Guillaumes latest Repetier-Host installation ZIP for PC in the following folder structure:
path.png
Click on the picture for a large version.

I still haven't ironed out all the kinks though. I still have to go into Skeinforge config, select the wanted profile and save before Repetier-Host Mac uses it. Hopefully I'll be able to look into it tonight.