Opto-sensor does not work!

Discussions about mechanics
Landsteiner

Opto-sensor does not work!

Post by Landsteiner »

Hey,

I've ordernd a Felix 2.0 and now I've already assambled it.
It works quite well, but there are stil some problems:

When i click on the HomeX-Button, the Extruder moves ca 1 cm in left direction. It should move to the Opto-Sensor! I've already checkend the electronics. I'm absolutly shure, that everything is corect assambled!

Schould i buy a new Opto-Sensor or do i have an other problem?

When I move the extruder to 0 by hand, the printer works perfect!

Thank you for your answer!

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

The coordinates of the Parking you should specify in the settings, given that 0.0.0. it's the middle of the table. All you works fine. I do not understand why this Parking? I do it I do not use. And still. If the sensor light means it works and will wait for commands. As soon as the sensor comes vane and the light goes out, the sensor is triggered. Barely a dim light says that the sensor is located on the edge, and soon going to work.

rmerrick

Post by rmerrick »

if you have a felix 2.0 with control board 2.1 you need to take the opto VCC lines and wire to the power supply +5V. and if you have a RED felix you will have to use tipex on the vanes because the IR beam goes straight through the red abs.. as soon as you can print some black or grey replacement parts.

Capella_Ben

Post by Capella_Ben »

What rmerrick said. But you may have already fried your sensors. I had to replace mine. All good after that.
Ben
Felix 3.0 (upgraded from 2.0)

mknippen

Post by mknippen »

So when your sensors were fried because the board was bad, did Felix replace it? I just got my brand new printer, spent the better part of two days building, and now the whole thing is completely useless because of a few couple sensors. How did you go about getting replacements?

Capella_Ben

Post by Capella_Ben »

I'm sure they would if you ask them. I was impatient and bought new sensors for the boards and soldered them on.

Ben
Ben

mknippen

Post by mknippen »

Was there a place they were easily available? I'd love to get this working as fast as possible. Just finished building the kit, and it sucks I can't use the whole thing because of a few faulty sensors.

Capella_Ben

Post by Capella_Ben »

Not knowing where you are makes it a bit difficult. ;)

This is the one I used.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=ZD1901

Ben
Ben

markm

Post by markm »

With my Felix 2, there are LEDs on the PCB that come on when the opto switch is NOT detecting a vane (I think it is that way around). So first question is, do the LEDs work? Put a piece of paper into the slot of the sensor and see if they change. Mine didn't because I had shoved the wires too far into the terminal blocks and screwed onto the insulation, not the bare end of the wire. I didn't need to change anything on the PCB, not sure what the Vcc / 5V stuff is about.

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

Sensors with large green LEDs on Felix 2 do not work, food 5 V, and Assembly instructions Felix 2 they feed voltage of 3.5 V. Fix the problem you must file a 5 V say from the fan. The Felix 2.0 optical sensors on a small white Board, equipped with micro semiconductors and micro led red glow.