No control after "Home" button (solved)

Lioric

Re: No control after "Home" button

Post by Lioric »

When you have this issue (after "Home" the axis won't move) try to emit a "M120" command and then try to move the axis in the positive direction again.

If this works for you post here (or in another thread). There seems to be a bug somewhere in the firmware

HLA

Post by HLA »

Hi,

Just noticed this thread. I had the same/similar problem: Homed an axis and then it wouldn't respond to any commands as if it was glued to the end-stop. For some time this happend to the x-axis, sometimes - to the y-axis. What really helped was uploading the pre-last version (v2) of firmware posted by Guillaume - it also solved some of the issues I had with the LCD/SD mod. Don't ask me why it worked - I have no clue...

Disclaimer: This version might have problems running under pronterface, but is ok when you use Repetier Host (better anyway IMHO) - according to Guillaume's post on http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... hp?f=5&t=7. This FW works for me without any issues for months already - I use repetier host.

Link to the firmware is attached to this post.

Please post or PM if this doesn't work - I will upload the firmware currently installed on my printer.
Attachments
Firmware_Marlin_RC2_Felix_1_0_RevD_v2.zip
(305.31 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

wdieckmann

Post by wdieckmann »

@Lioric
Makes sense. So the only emergency stop is the plug . . .
My z-Achsis is only moving when pressing "home" after moving it away from the sensor manually. Up/down do not work at all.
BTW, my OS is Vista.

wdieckmann

Post by wdieckmann »

@Lioric/HLA:
Overlooked your latest posts (looked at page 1 only . . .). Will try both suggestions and let you know the results.

wdieckmann

Post by wdieckmann »

@Lioric:
Great! The M120 indeed worked! After sending it, pressing UP moves the bed downwards away from the sensor. And then, it can be moved up/down just as normal.

@HLA:
I unpacked the recommended download but it does not contain the Marlin.INO file. Would you know how to replace it?

HLA

Post by HLA »

@wdieckmann: That's not a problem. In the Arduino SW, goto: File>Open>"Configuration.h". This opens all needed files in the folder automatically. Then select File>Upload ;)

wdieckmann

Post by wdieckmann »

Great!
With this previous firmware it works and I was able to do the first testprint!
I also had a testprint attempt with the current firmware using the M120 command. But in the printjob again the z-axis does not move, so it all remains on the same layer.
Conclusion: my problem is solved but the latest firmware is not useable.

Lioric

Post by Lioric »

Inser the M120 AFTER the G28 command that is created by the slicer, this can be placed in the resulting g-code automatically by adding "M120" in Slic3r -> Printer Settings -> Custom G-Code, right after the "G28 ; home all axes"

In SFACT you can do that as well, right now I don't remember exactly where but it should be in "Alteration" or "Home"

wdieckmann

Post by wdieckmann »

@Lioric:
Thanks for the advise. I just received and tested a new version from Guillaume which worked perfectly fine. The test print looks really good and for the time being I will not touch this running system unless I face another problem. Thanks anyway.