Kisslicer settings

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
colorfabb

Kisslicer settings

Post by colorfabb »

Hi folks!

Thought I share my Kisslicer settings for those wanting to experiment with different slicers. I’ve been using this profile with good results. Haven’t been printing for that long on the Felix so I’m still calibrating the profiles, but for now it works well! Using the profile is ofcourse at your own risk. Just place the .ini files in the same folder as the kisslicer64 start icon.

bracelet in the making, printing at 171 C, standard white filament

parts for our massive thunderbird 3 rocket, in the end will be 85cm high, printed on 4 different printers.

Since this is my first post and there isn’t really a ‘welcome to the forum’ section (I think), here’s a little bit about myself and the company I work for.

My name is Gijs, I work at colorfabb (http://www.colorfabb.com) and am in charge of the 3d print lab. We produce and sell 3d printer filament in the Netherlands and are steadily creating our network of resellers all over the world. Currently we are testing all of our filament on Ultimakers (3), Fellix 2.0, Delta Tower and our trusty Prusa I3. Hopefully I can share some of my knowledge on this forum and learn from other more experienced Felix printer users.

Once the bracelet finished printing I will upload a decent picture of the result.

cheers,
Gijs
Attachments
kisslicer64_felix_colorfabb.rar
kisslicer64 settings
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 147 times

Frank M

Post by Frank M »

Hi Gijs,

thanks for your experience. I tried out your preferences.
Sliced with kisslicer and print with repeater-host.
I have problems with the 175°C. The filament is not continently flowing and not hold on the bett. I get good results by 195°C. Also on your website you recommend 195-220°C. The second thing is that I can not remove the support material(1-3layer), it's strongly linked with the model.

Do you have any recommendations for support material?

Thanks,
Frank

colorfabb

Post by colorfabb »

Frank M wrote:Hi Gijs,
I have problems with the 175°C. The filament is not continently flowing and not hold on the bett. I get good results by 195°C. Also on your website you recommend 195-220°C. The second thing is that I can not remove the support material(1-3layer), it's strongly linked with the model.
Hi frank, are you printing with colorfabb material? If it's different material then this would explain the difference in temperature. I was surprised by how low I could go with temperature settings, compared to the ultimaker. We might need to adjust the advised processing temp for 1,75mm, but for now we only have a felix printer for testing 1,75mm.

The support wasn't really tuned yet, I think the gap between model and support should be a bit more, this might help the breakaway effect a bit. Will do some more testing next week.

Pacificimc

Post by Pacificimc »

Hello Gijs, We are in the process of buying your ColorFabb filament for Matthew Gorton @ 
Printedsolid.com in CA.

Were new at 3D printing with our Felix 2.0 and currently slicing with SFACT. Your ColorFabb filament looks promising and we would really appreciate any recommendations in settings to optimize our part quality.

We mostly produce custom Injection molded part samples to verify customer design drawings.

Thanks Bob