End code

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
Capella_Ben

End code

Post by Capella_Ben »

Does anyone use any end code in Repeiter Host wit their G-Code?

Would it be worth adding some code to retract the filament so if you are not there it doesn't get jammed for next time?

Ben
Ben
Felix 3.0 (upgraded from 2.0)

satoer

Post by satoer »

Retraction is the main cause of jamming with my old extruder. It gets stuck between the PEEK and the Alumunium cooler block.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

dsnijders

Post by dsnijders »

I agree, retraction at the end of the print causes trouble.
The standard delivered SFACT profiles, have a retracting setting of 10 mm in the end code file.
It is causing continuously extruder jams for me. I removed it, and actually added some code the flush the extruder 20 mm before shutdown. Check your file end.gmc. In the version i have there is some code like G1 E-10 F2000.

Daan

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

The retraction at the end is placed so that you can take out the filament after the print finishes. If you don't do that it will cool down with the filament in the nozzle making it impossible to pull out without heating the hot-end again.

If you get jams after your print it could be caused by the following in my experience.
- make sure the fan at the top of the hot-end is still blowing untill the hot-end is properly cooled down.
- Make sure the fans are not switched with eachother
- Last resort is that the peek and top aluminum part the holes are not properly in line or not up to spec. Best thing would be to post drill the two parts with a 2mm drill. To ensure a smooth transition of aluminum to the peek. Even a small edge can cause a jam. We have addressed this to our supplier and they will do an extra check before delivery.

Capella_Ben

Post by Capella_Ben »

This is my end code.

Code: Select all

G91
G1 E-100 F1000
G1 Z10 F100
G90
G28 X0
G28 Y0
M81
Basically just fully retract, Move the platform down a bit, Home X and Y and power off.

Seems to work well for those overnight, unattended prints.

I prefer to add this as end code in Repetier Host rather than in SFACT/Slic3r. That way I always get the same end code no matter what slicer I use.

I also have the same code for "Run on Kill".

I don't have any problems with extruder jams.

Ben
Ben
Felix 3.0 (upgraded from 2.0)

dsnijders

Post by dsnijders »

Guillaume,

what you explained makes total sense if the intention is to remove the filament after print is finished. In that case i would retract a 100 mm at high speed even before extruder temperature is switched off. But 10 mm is not enough. Also if one does not remove the filament after print (e.g. not there when print finishes), i only could cause trouble of jams imho.

My take, Daan