Testing extruder assembly fans.

SmakDaddy

Testing extruder assembly fans.

Post by SmakDaddy »

I have been building the Felix 2.0 in stages over the last few days, and I have hit a snag. With the final stage wiring, I have come to the part where I need to connect the 2 fans on the extruder assembly. In order to tell which fan is which, I used a 9v battery. The fan blowing directly on the back of the extruder spun up fine when the battery was applied, however the fan blowing into the duct doesn't seem to. I have pulled all the wiring back out of the rails to check for breakages, and can't see any, I have pushed the fan in a circle with a screwdriver and id eosnt appear to be hindered by anything. Is this likely to be a faulty fan?

Cheers,

Dave

Bachgassenbande

Post by Bachgassenbande »

I have had a faulty soldering of the supply cables at my fan.
Resoldered them and erything was fine for me.
Felix 2.0
E3D Kraken Hotend
3mm Glas bed
LED light bar upgrade

SmakDaddy

Post by SmakDaddy »

Thanks, I'll give that a go. I have a few spare ones I picked up at a nearby store as while back

(http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?a ... m&id=F0010)

But I'm worried about driving power, air flow, etc. I would much rather use the originals supplied.

UPDATE: I took the fan off to check the solder joints, and found one had a big solder tail which was bent right over and touching the other solder joint (ie, a dead short). A small amount of clipping later, and the fans all good to go :D