Felix Printer wont' print on hotbed. :(

pnguyen

Felix Printer wont' print on hotbed. :(

Post by pnguyen »

hey all,

I have an horrible issue here where i'm not able to print on my bed.

So what happens is i'll home the XYZ. and when i hit start for the test print. The printer will move and extrude alittle bit. and then move to the spot where the print should be, but instead of moving back to Z,0 it moves a little bit towards the bed and starts extruding in mid air. :evil: its a good cm away from the bed and I have no idea why this is happening!!!

Any thoughts why!?!1

satoer

Post by satoer »

This should be hapening:

- Printer homes X and Y
- Printer goes approximately 1cm up the Z
- Printer moves 5 CM along the X
- Printer extrudes.
- Moves X to homing position
- Moves Z to homing position (almost touching the heatbed)
- Moves to start point print
- print outerrim

if not: Did you've change the slicer settings? Try other slicer profile or delete profiles and download and install again.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

pnguyen

Post by pnguyen »

interesting, actually i've been having issues with homing my z lately SO if its homing again after the 1cm extrusion then maybe thats why my print won't land on my bed.....

SO lately what has been happening is that when i hit the home button, The Z motor will just move down alittle bit..... its just recently started happening. and i actually have to wait alittle bit before i can hit the home button again for it to correctly do it. No idea why it does this. so its been a hit or miss for homing....the Y will "sometimes" do it... but the X is fine and has no issues. could my opt sensors be accidentally triggering it? ( i left a bit of wire plastic at the ends before connecting them to the sensor)

or is something else buggy?

I just got this printer, and everything seems connected correctly! which is great! but now i'm having these small issues and there driving me nuts.....

satoer

Post by satoer »

Sounds like a overheating stepper motor controller. Do you have the new 2.0 controller board or the old RAMPS+ Arduino? There are adjustment pots on the controller board. Adjust the Z adjustment a little bit counter-clockwise (STPZ on the 2.0 board)

pnguyen

Post by pnguyen »

I have the new Felix 2.0. i didn't realize that the motor would over heat that easily.... i will try that next then.

satoer

Post by satoer »

It's not the motor overheating... Its the tiny chip controlling the motor what is overheating. On the controller board you see 6 pot's.
Turn the one with STPZ below it a tiny bit counterclockwise and see if it improves.

pnguyen

Post by pnguyen »

SO i turned the pots a little bit counter clockwise (maybe i turned them too much?), and basically it still does the same things. so i'm not sure whats happening.. The Z will still do the same thing were i can home it once but i have to wait a while before i can home it again..... But its only the home. Moving the Z is fine, Homing it is an issue, and the same problem goes with Y. and the sensors are fine. it will just stop and set home on its own before getting near the sensor....

Also as a side note, i'm hearing a high pitch sound now when ever i move the motor...so it changes pitch every time it moves.... odd little problem. hmmmm....

any other thoughts on what it could be? re strip the wires?

satoer

Post by satoer »

What does the logfile say when you press the home button? Please activate al message's (like "commands" and "ACK")

So Z and Y are problematic. X homes fine? What happens if you switch the X and Y stepper motor and optosensor connection? Does the problem move to the X or does it stay on Y?

pnguyen

Post by pnguyen »

so i finally had time to check this out. i tried switching the xy, and they seem fine. BUT the Z is still not working.... (The Y not homing rarely happens...) But the Z is still messed up and only homes every now and then....

what it says is this

N672 G28 Z0 *122
OK
OK T:25.2 / B:25.5 / 0.0 @:0 B@: 0

pnguyen

Post by pnguyen »

no body know whats happening with my Z? :( its still jumping up and down for no reason...
So it basically won't home.... and keeps moving away from home...