Mac users - please raise your hand...

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
Kjetilei

Re: Mac users - please raise your hand...

Post by Kjetilei »

I'm using Repetier Host for Mac and sometimes Cura. I have installed NetFabb Basic, Autodesk Inventor Fusion Mac, Sketchup and FreeCAD. Mainly using Sketchup since that is what I know best, but planned to start using Inventor Fusion more often but have not had the time to test/train/learn it enough yet.

concar

Post by concar »

Hello again
I read the Manual Felix Printers 1.5. There are only Software Setup instruction for windows, not for mac. An links to www.felixprinter.com does not work resp. does not exist. May someone have instructions for a dummy macuser?
Thx.

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

concar:
Disclaimer: this setup guide is partially based on (my bad) memory. It could be inaccurate/wrong and lead to problems, but most likely correct :)

1. Download and install Repetier Host Mac as normal in the Applications folder.

2. Download the printer profiles from Guillaume's Repetier Install file (although the installer ZIP is made for PCs, the included profiles work for Mac too. Use the link in the Latest Software/firmware for Felix 1.0 thread. Currently, Repetier_host_2012_30_08 is the latest available version).

3. Install the profiles in the following folder:
(see the original thread)

4. Configure the printer settings:
connection.png
behaviour.png
dimension.png
You should check that the width, depth and height matches what your printer is capable of. The new Hiwin linear guides result in different printable x/y sizes than the old Igus guides.

5. Configure the Skeinforge settings under Preferences:
skeinforge.png
Paths for easy copy and paste:
/Applications/Repetier-Host Mac/skeinforge/skeinforge_application/skeinforge.py
/Applications/Repetier-Host Mac/skeinforge/skeinforge_application/skeinforge_plugins/craft.py
/usr/bin/pythonw
/Applications/Repetier-Host Mac.app/Contents/Resources/pypy.app/bin/pypy
/sfact_profiles/profiles

concar

Post by concar »

Thanks a lot. Will try it out.
Of corse, first the Printer has to be delivered.. ;)

concar

Post by concar »

It seams that slicing with skeinforge do not work - is not available.
How i can set it available?
Slic3r - how to configure correctly for FelixPrinter?
which is better?
I have to print bot a netbook with window 7. I have configured repeter host. Question: generated gcode on mac also work on pc when loaded directly?

I know a lot of questions .. thanks for replays

aikx

Post by aikx »

concar wrote:Question: generated gcode on mac also work on pc when loaded directly?
I can use Guillaume´s "PC"-gcode on Mac. Should work vice versa.

concar

Post by concar »

I have downloadet the Mac Version of Repetier Host Version 0.51 from Download area under http://www.repetier.com/download/

The Config of skeinforge described don't work now, because it is not a Installer, only a APP - and all URL do not match.
I try a lot of possibilities - but nothing works..

What about the Note: If you are using the new Mountain Lion, you need to allow installation of unsigned code!

Can someone help me on this issue?

Thanks Guillaume i found my mistake during config Repetier Host on Windows 7.., put on Mac --

HELP!

Update: I found the Solution:

To Install:
1. Download News Repetierhost from URL http://www.repetier.com/download/, open DMG and copy Repetierhost.app to Applications.
2. Download the Profies like Kjetilei says in his post: Download the printer profiles from Guillaume's Repetier Install file (although the installer ZIP is made for PCs, the included profiles work for Mac too. Use the link in the Latest Software/firmware for Felix 1.0 thread. Currently, Repetier_host_2012_30_08 is the latest available version).
3. Copie the profiles like Kjetilei says in his post: Install the profiles in the following folder.
4. NEW copie the skeinforge_sfact directories to Applications from Guillaume's install file..
5. Konfig Printers like Kjetilei says in his post: 4. Configure the printer settings.
6. NEW Configure the Skeinforge settings under Preferences like this: (see attachment).

Paths for easy copy and paste:
/Applications/skeinforge_sfact/skeinforge_application/skeinforge.py
/Applications/skeinforge_sfact/skeinforge_application/skeinforge_plugins/craft.py
/usr/bin/pythonw
/Applications/Repetier-Host Mac.app/Contents/Resources/pypy.app/bin/pypy
/sfact_profiles/profiles
Attachments
screenshot_01.png
screenshot_01.png (52.66 KiB) Viewed 828 times
Last edited by concar on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

concar

Post by concar »

Kjetilei wrote:concar:
Disclaimer: this setup guide is partially based on (my bad) memory. It could be inaccurate/wrong and lead to problems, but most likely correct :)

1. Download and install Repetier Host Mac as normal in the Applications folder.
Kjetilei: I now found out - your description was correct - but I didn't understand that also skeinforge_sfact has to be copy into Application and then link both first to the Application and Craft - Settings.. :roll:

naser404

Post by naser404 »

I am Mac & windows user & decided to try getting my printer working under Mac using "Cura" software & its working great :)

chillkroete

Post by chillkroete »

Can you give us a Link and a short description? :)