SD card recognition problem

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
Dreide

SD card recognition problem

Post by Dreide »

My new Felix 2.0 recognizes the SD card only after a power cycle or having pushed the reset button but not when I just insert it.
If the card is already inserted while connecting the printer to the power supply, the card is accessible (most of the times at least). When I remove the card, it says "Card inserted" on the LCD, and when I insert the card again it says "Card removed", which is weird already. But whatever it says, I get a "No card" entry in the main menu. The only way to make the card accessible again without pulling the power plug is by pushing the reset button.
Although I can use the SD card this way, it is still annoying and I would like to get it fixed on the long run.
Any ideas?
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design

seaton

Post by seaton »

I had the same problem.

in configuration_adv.h I made the following changes

// If you are using a RAMPS board or cheap E-bay purchased boards that do not detect when an SD card is inserted
// You can get round this by connecting a push button or single throw switch to the pin defined as SDCARDCARDDETECT
// in the pins.h file. When using a push button pulling the pin to ground this will need inverted. This setting should
// be commented out otherwise
//#define SDCARDDETECTINVERTED

#ifdef ULTIPANEL
#undef SDCARDDETECTINVERTED
#endif
Stephen...

Felix 2.0 -> Felix 3.0 dual
Simplify3D Slicer, Kisslicer
Have you added your Felix to the Map? http://goo.gl/maps/HajnZ

http://blog.strobotics.com.au

Dreide

Post by Dreide »

Thanks seaton, I'll try that.
Strange though that this slipped through, because it is such an obvious problem and everyone trying to use the SD card with a Felix 2.0 and the original firmware will face it.
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design

seaton

Post by seaton »

Dreide wrote:Thanks seaton, I'll try that.
Strange though that this slipped through, because it is such an obvious problem and everyone trying to use the SD card with a Felix 2.0 and the original firmware will face it.
yes definitely agree
Stephen...

Felix 2.0 -> Felix 3.0 dual
Simplify3D Slicer, Kisslicer
Have you added your Felix to the Map? http://goo.gl/maps/HajnZ

http://blog.strobotics.com.au

Bachgassenbande

Post by Bachgassenbande »

Have had the same behaviour, but thought my SD Card was damaged by removing....
Thanks for solving the issue
Felix 2.0
E3D Kraken Hotend
3mm Glas bed
LED light bar upgrade

Dreide

Post by Dreide »

seaton wrote: in configuration_adv.h I made the following changes

// If you are using a RAMPS board or cheap E-bay purchased boards that do not detect when an SD card is inserted
// You can get round this by connecting a push button or single throw switch to the pin defined as SDCARDCARDDETECT
// in the pins.h file. When using a push button pulling the pin to ground this will need inverted. This setting should
// be commented out otherwise
//#define SDCARDDETECTINVERTED

#ifdef ULTIPANEL
#undef SDCARDDETECTINVERTED
#endif
I downloaded Firmware-Marlin_V1_Felix_2_0.zip (03-06-13) and it actually looked exactly like your version, i.e., the flag not being set.
However, it works for me if I set the flag AND comment out the #undef statement. So my version looks like this now:

Code: Select all

#define SDCARDDETECTINVERTED

#ifdef ULTIPANEL
// #undef SDCARDDETECTINVERTED
#endif
Weird! What should the ULTIPANEL have to do with the SD card switch anyway? But this #ifdef is also present in the original Marlin h-file.
Anyway, now it works, so thanks for the help.