Tuning my printer

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

Geertjan

Re: Tuning my printer

Post by Geertjan »

Hi Kjetilei.
My kepton tape is quite thin. I am not sure, but if I measure it with my calipers it is between 0.050 and 0.075 mm. The tape is 25 mm wide so I have cut small trips with a sharp knife. The improvement is dramatic. The heavy vibration is gone now. I followed guillame's instruction.
Upon following the same procedure for the X axis slider I discovered that the bolts of the extruder assambly where fastened way too tight. After loosening the vibration of the X axis slider is much reduced but not gone. For testing I am printing 2x2 cm cubes. Also because I wanted to test if the prints are accurate in size. I'll make some photo's on monday. I have no camera here right now.
Turns out that I still suffer from backlash :-(

Geertjan

Post by Geertjan »

Here are some results after refitting the Y slider
much better. I have also 'repaired' the x slider. Removed some kapton tape and removed a little plastic shaving from one of the sliders.
The dimensions are not precise so there is still work to do.
The cube should be 20x20x20mm but the real print is 19,2x19,2x21 mm
Attachments
y direction
y direction
x direction
x direction

Geertjan

Post by Geertjan »

Forgot to mention/ The left cube is before and the right cube is after reducing the vibration in the Y slider.
I was hoping that solving the vibration problem would also solve the next problem. In some models the fill does not touch the rim of the model. I first thought it to be a backlash problem. But turning the model did not change the position of the 'gap' between fill and rim.
Attachments
printed the same model twice but tuned 90 deg.
printed the same model twice but tuned 90 deg.