Z-axis, opto sensor, need help pls

Help eachother out with assembly problems.
AnSu3d

Z-axis, opto sensor, need help pls

Post by AnSu3d »

hello

I assambled the Felix2.0 last week.
2 opto sensors were not running. (no light on the Felix board 2.1)
I changed the sensors. Now all 3 lights on the Felix board are on. When i trigger the sensors the light is going off. I think thats ok.
On X and Y axis everythink is ok. When hit the opto sensors it stop.
On Z-axis he rans through the sensor. The light on the Felix board is going off but nothing happend. It wont stop.
I also noticed:
The axis running in wrong direction. I klick in repetierhost Z-axis up and it goes down. I klick down and it goes up.
The fan-duct is not running. I have 0.0V. The one on the hotend is running.
All wireing is ok. I checked this again and again and again.
So i am stuck here. No more ideas.
Sorry about my poor english. Its a long time ago that i wrote in english.
Thanks

satoer

Post by satoer »

Hi did you've read the other topic about opto-sensor failures? I've been reading quite a couple of opto sensor failure's and solutions lately.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

AnSu3d

Post by AnSu3d »

hello

Thanks satoer.
Yes i've read all the stuff about opto-sensor and 5 Volts stable.That doesn't help, because my sensors are working on 1.25 Volts.
At all sensors is 1.40V(gnd-vcc). Thats seems ok. BUT yesterday i played around and noticed that 2 of the sensors when triggerd, switch on ca 2.1V - 3.2V (gnd-sig) But the third came with 1.5V. In my desperation i change the third sensor with this one https://secure.reichelt.de/Optokoppler/ ... tnr=CNY+37.
This is the same as before on the opto-board. That's it! Yes!! All optos working now!
So all 3 opto sensors that came with the DIY-kit where broken.

ok next one:
All the axis still go in the wrong direction. I think i swap the blue and green wire on the Felix board?
I have 0.0 Volts an the head-fan. Here i think i take the alternative port.
Any other ideas?

satoer

Post by satoer »

Did you paint the vanes non-transparent?

The ATMEGA controller needs a digital I/O of a maximum of 1,5V for a digital 0 and a minimum of 2,5V for a digital 1 (with 5V vcc on the micro controller). I don't understand how it works with just 1.4V on the opto sensors vcc.
And I don't understand how you conclude all sensors are broken (which seems highly unlikely), while in you're first post you mentioned:
But if it works, it works :)

The axis doesn't go in the wrong direction. You have imagine everything in the perspective of the extruder. This software isn't written specifically for the Felix. And some printers have a fixed build plate and only the extruder moves X, Y and Z.

You can use a 5V or even better, 12V lead directly from one of the the power supply leads to power the head-fan. This fan always needs to be on.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

AnSu3d

Post by AnSu3d »

thanks satoer for reply
satoer wrote:Did you paint the vanes non-transparent?
Yes I painted all black
satoer wrote:The ATMEGA controller needs a digital I/O of a maximum of 1,5V for a digital 0 and a minimum of 2,5V for a digital 1 (with 5V vcc on the micro controller). I don't understand how it works with just 1.4V on the opto sensors vcc.
I wonder too but I will not touch it again :) It works :)
satoer wrote:And I don't understand how you conclude all sensors are broken (which seems highly unlikely), while in you're first post you mentioned:

..after i changed the sensors X and Y

I try to explane:
after wireing the opto-sensors the first time, the led on the Felixboard shows:
Y is allways off, X is allways on, only the one on Z seems obviously behaved properly. I did a lot of tests.
So i think Y and X are broken. I changed the sensors on X and Y and than they worked. I thought Z was ok, so i leave the opto alone.
Then I found the Z shows all right (light on Felix board on/off) but he does not turn. I was still assuming Z is ok. That made me mad. Because I knew nothing else I have Z also exchanged. Now it works.
I also think that it is unlikely that all 3 optos are broken.But it looks like.
satoer wrote:The axis doesn't go in the wrong direction. You have imagine everything in the perspective of the extruder. This software isn't written specifically for the Felix. And some printers have a fixed build plate and only the extruder moves X, Y and Z
ahh thats makes sense. I've never read this. Thanks
satoer wrote:You can use a 5V or even better, 12V lead directly from one of the the power supply leads to power the head-fan
Yepp i think so too
Thanks again