Hard to remove large parts

Pacificimc

Hard to remove large parts

Post by Pacificimc »

Hello Felix People

Q, Anyone try using a removable top surface like a thin piece of aluminum or stainless steel to remove larger parts that bound to the table with all there surface area ?

I’m going to start with a thin piece of aluminum with blue tap that will be clamped to the heated table.

You Ideas ? Thanks Bob

satoer

Post by satoer »

I use removable glass plates. You can use a sharp fillet knive and pry it off. Try not to damage the film
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

Pacificimc

Post by Pacificimc »

Hello satoer,

Thank you for your great Ideas and support...You designs are very creative and I would like to add some new designs of my own for the Felix printer.

Do you have any recommendations when posting files and photos for this Felix Forum ?

Thanks Bob

seaton

Post by seaton »

Pacificimc wrote:Hello Felix People

Q, Anyone try using a removable top surface like a thin piece of aluminum or stainless steel to remove larger parts that bound to the table with all there surface area ?

I’m going to start with a thin piece of aluminum with blue tap that will be clamped to the heated table.

You Ideas ? Thanks Bob

I too uses glass plate from a photo frame to print on, and yes, have broken a couple of them when it sticks a little to well, but I still find the glass plate the best to print on and remove parts from. also the finish on the bottom is brilliant.

Stephen...
Stephen...

Felix 2.0 -> Felix 3.0 dual
Simplify3D Slicer, Kisslicer
Have you added your Felix to the Map? http://goo.gl/maps/HajnZ

http://blog.strobotics.com.au

dognotdog

Post by dognotdog »

A common solution is to add 'dog ears' to the corners of your part.

Me, I usually just flex the heatbed a bit, until the part separates. However, that is not an optimal solution.

AnSu3d

Post by AnSu3d »

hi

I put the glass plate briefly in the refrigerator or in the freezer

Pacificimc

Post by Pacificimc »

Thank you for the great ides. I bought glass plate and I like the freezer Idea !!

Thanks again....