New hotend.

This is the place to show off your felix printer hacks and improvements.
Saamec

New hotend.

Post by Saamec »

All the parts are made with their original size as in version Guillaume, except for the thread pitch. The photo shows the parts separately, and frame-by-frame Assembly process. The main idea in the presence of fluoroplastic sleeve. The reverse motion of the plastic is happening congestion and printing is not interrupted. The nozzle is made of titanium, Bush - PEEK - everything else is aluminum. In the original version of the hot end of the gap between the aluminum was PEEK to which perfectly stick melted plastic - actually, this was the cause of the jam, the plastic. Then stepper motor rubbed segment thread, and supply of plastic interrupted. On my printer was so from time to time, especially when long print. And now printing is simply gorgeous)) As an option for a quick make over the hot end, can be drilled in the original PEEK jumper, and put a ring PTFE. But the ring should be thicker than the layer PEEK. I hope it will be someone useful. I am waiting for your comments and questions.
Last edited by Saamec on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

Comments of the Lord, in the Studio!!!! It is important to know your opinion....
For all the efforts for you, for Felix to our printer was the best on the market!

Bachgassenbande

Post by Bachgassenbande »

Interesting tweak ofthe original hotend.
How many Kg did you print with this modification and what material?
What temperatures and extrusion speeds can the modification withstand?
Did you test with higher retraction and have results?
Felix 2.0
E3D Kraken Hotend
3mm Glas bed
LED light bar upgrade

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

Printed until just a short time while not enough. Printed only PLA. Speed can be any, as PTFE Teflon is, the higher the speed the better cooling Teflon. But the temperature only to 210, if installed 5 V fan, print ABS requires 12 V fan. Refutation or refund plastic when you move the hot end may be anything, up to 100%. In other words, you can even hands to remove and immerse plastic))) nothing gets stuck, there is no jam. Downtime printing when hot shot hot end is also not affect the education of jam. It simply is not))))))))

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

I'm typing all day. At the beginning there were minor issues, changed the settings of the machine. Now everything works OK, even I forgot to hang up the trap dust, and everything works no matter what)So I think that the new hot end tested successfully)))

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

'm typing so far. Everything is perfect. Could print the item with the quality of 35 microns!!

Bachgassenbande

Post by Bachgassenbande »

Can you post pictures of your prints.
What hole diameter does your nozzle have?
Felix 2.0
E3D Kraken Hotend
3mm Glas bed
LED light bar upgrade

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

All dimensions as Guillaume, the nozzle of the same - 0.35 mm Quality depends on the height of the layer and not on the size of the hole nozzle. 35 Microns are achieved by increasing the number of divisions in the parameter Skin in high quality. Layer thickness 0.1 in high quality by adding 3 division height, get a layer of 35 microns. The problem is that before I couldn't print often been a jam in the extruder. Well, now I can spend hours typing in this capacity. Photo't done, I have no quality camera with high resolution. photo in this thread did with difficulty. Gets muddy image. Try to adjust parameter Skin and print.

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

High quality, thickness of 0.1 mm
size 4 x 3 cm
Filling 30%
upper and lower layers 3
Perimeter 1

Magnevik

Post by Magnevik »

Hello Saamec!

I looks very nice. Would you consider sharing the dimensions of the parts for me to try to make myself?

//M