Not going to plan

Trayarch

Not going to plan

Post by Trayarch »

I have recently completed assembling the Felix 2.0 and am now at the test stage using the 40x10 file in which I downloaded from Felix site. The outcome was not successful.
As soon as I connected the printer to my computer, my Windows 7 automatically detected the printer and installed the drivers successfully. I downloaded the latest framewire and successfully installed it as well as the Repetier-Host, I followed the user manual on how to set up the printer with the Repetier Host.
What the printer is doing, is making an anchor blob in the corner of the bed, the extruder moves to the centre of the bed, the bed drops its self from being aprox 1mm from the extruder to about 10mm, then the bed moves left while the extruder zig zags up and down roughly 30mm and does not follow the actual design.
I have taken some pictures so you will get an idea of what the problem/s may be in the hope you will be able to resolve the issues.

Thank You

Bachgassenbande

Post by Bachgassenbande »

Wow weired behaviour.
Did you check all axis before running the test file?
Felix 2.0
E3D Kraken Hotend
3mm Glas bed
LED light bar upgrade

Trayarch

Post by Trayarch »

Hi and thank you for replying to my post.

How would one check the axis first, or do you mean the the calibration of the axis/table from within the user manual, iv have done that.

satoer

Post by satoer »

First suspect is likely the Y stepper motor. Maybe it's a doa, the wires are not correctly connected or a broken or a detached wire. are you also sure the Y pulley isn't slipping on the stepper motor?

Switch the Y stepper motor with the X Stepper motor (and wire connections). If the problem switches to the X direction you know something's wrong with the stepper motor / wires and not the control board.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix