Trouble with leveling bed / table

Discussions about mechanics
retsac

Trouble with leveling bed / table

Post by retsac »

I am adjusting the bed/table with the three screws under the table, now the table isn't totally level but the I can't uscrew more or the nut will come loose. And the other one is totally screwed in.

In the photo you see the two front screws completely screwed out, and the one in the background all the way screwed in.

Its the nex 3.0 Printer, dual head

What can I try or do?
Felix 3.0
DUAL extruder
LCD display

DDME-Marc

Post by DDME-Marc »

Hello retsac,

It would appear you have the same 2mm height error that I overcame when assembling the V3.0. The problem stems from the difference in thickness between part numbers 122 013.0 and 122 014.0 (y axis brackets) which have a thickness of 8mm and part number 110 027.0 (the aluminium y mid support) which is 10mm thick.

I saw there was a instruction manual which came out (now archived) which suggested using less crinkled washers in the centre support (see link). http://shop.felixprinters.com/downloads ... manual.pdf

I chose to modify the aluminium y mid support instead (see photo) and created a 2 mm deep channel. This allowed me to have the same number of crinkled washers, hence the same tension. Please note I also removed the bottom washer (corroserie ring) in the stack since this was redundant. The removal off the washer resulted in all three spring stacks to have near identical tension when level.

Cheers,

Marc
Attachments
20131224_092432.jpg
Felix 3.0 Dual Head * E3D Titan V6 * Repetier-Host V2.1.3 * Repetier-Firmware 0.92.9 (01/08/17 - Modified) * KISSlicer Pro - 1.6.3 * Arduino 1.8.5 *

retsac

Post by retsac »

Really nice solution! Thanks for the reply, I solved by removing 3 washers.

Is has the same end result, but yours is better and keeps the same tension.

Thanks, and good luck with the 3.0!
Cheers, Retsac
Felix 3.0
DUAL extruder
LCD display

Kohderek

Post by Kohderek »

My heater bed was wrap after 8-10hrs of long printing.
Anyone can advice to solve the warp problem?
Thanks.