Felix 3.0 Upgrade

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

thefly

Felix 3.0 Upgrade

Post by thefly »

Dear Guillaume,

When will the upgrade to 3.0 appear in the shop / when will the STL for the dual extruder appear in the download section?

It would cool to start printing these parts for people who would like to have these printed.

Please dont forget your existing users ......

With kind regards

Johan

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Dont know when we can order the upgradekit but there wont be stl files for the new extruder, the only way to get the new extruder is buy the kit :(
Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

thefly

Post by thefly »

Why wont there be STL files? What happened print your own upgrades????? Beter to design my own dual extruder then?

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Yeah, your not alone on that. I emailed to felix regarding the stl files and answer was that the new desing is injection molded parts only :evil:
Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

thefly

Post by thefly »

I am wondering how much he is going to ask for a bit of plastic????? I had to repair my new main board myself because he did not answer my email and now he is not releasing the STLs and there are no upgrade kits available!

He is forgetting his existing users who made the felix popular!

Bachgassenbande

Post by Bachgassenbande »

I would say,
just wait a little bit and I'm sure that there will be upgrade kits available soon.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't they had issues ro fulfill the pre orders of Felix 3.0 because of lack of injection molded parts.
As soon as theire stock is filled the will provide us with parts.
Felix 2.0
E3D Kraken Hotend
3mm Glas bed
LED light bar upgrade

thefly

Post by thefly »

But why get new customers first pick? Why not reserve the first batch for existing users?
Its bugging me!

andrewsi

Post by andrewsi »

Maybe because I have 1200 euros or so invested in waiting for a printer kit to be shipped... you at least have something you can work with, I have nothing at all until the full set of parts is available and can be delivered. I'm just sayin'... :-)

thefly

Post by thefly »

With the updates and spare parts i bought and burned out main board i have spend more then 2000 all ready!
I am just saying i would be fair if the plastic parts needed for this upgrade would have been available for 2.0 owners or at least let us pre order as well now we will be on the bottom of the order list!

Bachgassenbande

Post by Bachgassenbande »

I'm really satisfied with my 2.0 right now.
Just want to upgrade because of the higher temperature withstand the injection molded parts do have.
I do not see much more benefit for the 3.0 upgrade for me!

I already pre ordered an E3D Kraken hotend and will not upgrade to the Felix dual head (see other posts why some people will do that)

In future if available I may change the electronic board to enable 4 nozzle printing.
Felix 2.0
E3D Kraken Hotend
3mm Glas bed
LED light bar upgrade