Lack of responsiveness from Guillaume?

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

andrewsi

Lack of responsiveness from Guillaume?

Post by andrewsi »

As I mentioned elsewhere, I received a 3.0 kit Monday this week and it was missing both pulleys for the X and Y axes. I immediately called the phone line and left voicemail, and also left email at support@. To date I've gotten no response.

I can probably find the pulleys locally, but there are no specs on the number of teeth/etc. for the GT2 pulleys, so I'm worried I'd get the wrong ones. I'm also just ticked off in general that I'd have to go spend more money because parts were left out, and that I can't get a response from anyone in the "office."

Is this typical? I've seen other posts indicating that responsiveness isn't always so good, but this is a very poor customer service experience.

Lizzy Design

Post by Lizzy Design »

Yes, same here. Ordered 4 filaments and only 3 in the package. Emailed 3 days ago, called yesterday. No response yet. Not sure what the setup is (maybe he is a one man band?) but they should really hire someone to service customers. As long as it is a geek product they can get away with it but since 3D printers are slowly making their way to the consummer market costumer service will start to play an important role and can really affect sales. Trying to keep up with production and neglecting customer service has been the downfall of many startup companies. Keeping a balance (slow down production if you have to) is key.

andrewsi

Post by andrewsi »

Well, despite the lack of a call back or an email, it would seem someone got my message, since UPS tells me there's a package due for delivery tomorrow from FELIXprinters, mailed on the 9th. So at least someone's paying attention. :)

Lizzy Design

Post by Lizzy Design »

Good for you. Hope everything works out fine. No response at my end yet but maybe they are dealing with it as well. It is not this urgent for me, at least I am able to print but a small note saying they got my email could have been nice.

undergroundsurf

Post by undergroundsurf »

I had the same problems as you guys. They had to send 3 parcels until I received all parts (by the way, I had to pay the customs fee twice for some parts). The best way to get in contact with Guillaume was in my case by phone. I realy love my Printer now and it's doing a great job, but it doesn't matter how good your product is you selling.. If there's no support, it's useless.. What a shame for such a well designed printer!

In addition, it would be cool to get an approximate release date for the dual extrusion upgrade.. It's not much effort neccessary to post some details on the blog for your customers... :|

Lizzy Design

Post by Lizzy Design »

I am getting quite annoyed I must say. It has been 2 weeks and no response whatsoever. Sent reminder mails, tried by telephone. But to no avail.
Last edited by Lizzy Design on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

hvdweerd

Post by hvdweerd »

Welcome to the felix family.

The main advantage of the felix is the precisely.
The disadvantage is that you need much patience for this quality.

also for the reaction from Guillaume. So please stop this thread

andrewsi

Post by andrewsi »

Why should this thread be stopped? I think potential buyers have a right to know what to expect. There's nowhere on the website that says "Please expect very poor communication and support when we screw up our shipments.". That said, I think this is a great printer and I'm very willing to deal with the "early adopter/hobbyist" quirks, but there is no reason why the _business_ he is running shouldn't constantly strive for improved service to his customers.

dognotdog

Post by dognotdog »

The communication seems flaky at times, but the messages are apparently received. I've also had the situation where a package arrived with missing parts before Guillaume responded to the email.

I'm sure he's doing his best, but I know from my own experience that hiring somebody extra in a small business is often simply not viable, even if the workload is too much for the existing staff.

Apparently there unusually many cases with parts missing from packages, but I have not yet heard of a case where a problem wasn't rectified. I've seen much worse from much bigger shops, though.

johnnyTrademark

Post by johnnyTrademark »

I emailed the support email, support@felixprinters.com , and got a response within a couple of hours.
This was yesterday