X axis wire support bracket

This is the place to show off your felix printer hacks and improvements.
kennethagiusmosta

X axis wire support bracket

Post by kennethagiusmosta »

Hi to all,

Below please find file & pics re "X" axis wire support bracket;
z wire support v3.stl
(204.38 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
DSCN0388.jpg
For those who don't like hanging wires as pic above
DSCN0390.jpg
DSCN0391.jpg
DSCN0393.jpg

Comments are welcome
Thanks
Kenneth
Attachments
DSCN0392.jpg

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

Hi Kenneth,

I love the idea :)

If you do a redesign and fasten the bracket on the back side of the extrusion it will most likely become more visually appealing. I would also shorten the height of the bracket for it to "blend in" better :) It might also be possible to cover the exit point of the cables in the extrusion for a sleek look on the backside.

I'll have to check if this will crash with my two filament roll holders (highly unlikely) and probably print it when I get some spare time.

Thanks!

kennethagiusmosta

Kjetilei: Thanks for your comments. I believe a working part/machine is enough, fullstop. It doesn't have to look right but work efficiently. I admit, I'm not the king of esthetics.(not even near!)

Felix is the exact opposite- both worlds mix up to a beauty.

Buy the way, I'm working on a four-way extruder head.

Thanks
Kenneth

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

Kenneth: I fully respect your take on functionality versus esthetics :)

I'm looking forward to hear more about the four way extruder head! Are you planning on using Guillaume's hot ends, another bought set of hot ends or self-made? And what electronics are you planning on using? Have you looked into the work done by Richrap and the recent post on the reprap blog? Good luck with your work.

Geertjan

Post by Geertjan »

Hi Kenneth,
This solves a problem :-) On my printer the wires, because of the constant movement of the printer head, are wearing on the position where the wirebundle enters the printer frame. The bundle is held into the frame with a black plastic strip. And this strip causes the wire mantles to wear.

kennethagiusmosta

Kjetilei: It's a concept! Electronics? That would be the last part!
I'm working on the mechanics now. Inspiration came from my Mig Welder feeder mechanism. Putting 4 steppers on the X axis is not a good idea. Extruder...emm....4 heads. Single head with 4 nozzles....emm....more plausible. Let's see! Finding time is a bit of a problem for me.

Geertjan: Thanks for your comments. Appreciated. Any photos?

Thanks to all
Kenneth.