X and Y axis wobble ?

alanh

X and Y axis wobble ?

Post by alanh »

Can anyone help me address this problem....

I'm getting a kind of overshoot at corners when the X/Y axis changes direction, but also it still seems to be there on straight lines. But the overshoot happens at each corner. Pictures.....
wobble
wobble
Overshoot1
Overshoot1
overshoot2
overshoot2

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

You should do a double check to see that every part is tight and that the belts are also tight. If nothing helps you can tweak the acceleration settings etc to "work around" the problem, but with decreased print speed.

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

This is all the belts. I bought HTD 3M belts, only they differ from the original, they have another rubber and fabric inside. All very highly strung. The problem was solved by 80%. There is very little ripple. I think we should remake mount the motor in the x-axis should be 2 points of support, not one. In fact, now the belt tension is changing itself, which causes these waves....

alanh

Post by alanh »

It looks like it's something in the slicer. I was using SFACT, and switched to Slic3r and it's much much better !!

Just switched to slic3r 1.0.0RC2 and now I've been able to print text for the first time ever. !!!

SFACT just doesn't slice text properly.